PDA

View Full Version : ABS Light Illuminated - Why?

kpaske
04/02/2005, 12:19 PM
Ever since I took my brakes apart to paint the calipers and install steel braided brake lines, my ABS light has been illuminated. The brakes work fine and I'm fairly certain that the system was thoroughly bled. What does this light mean? I haven't tried resetting the ECU, but I will if I have to (although I'm avoiding this because re-entering all my presets and settings in my radio is not a trivial task). Any thoughts?

Moncha
04/02/2005, 12:49 PM
Reset the ECU, it may be a trip from the work you did.. Go to an auto parts stoe and see if you can fin a little device that runs from a 9volt battery that plugs into your cig lighter and keeps your presets for you.

VX crazy
04/02/2005, 05:19 PM
Sounds like you may have trashed a speed sensor and that will NOT come up on most ECU scans. I tore my right rear sensor wire in Moab last year and I have the light on and no rear ABS - no code with several scanners. Have you tested to see if you the front ABS is working by stopping hard in a parking lot?

To reset the computer so you don't loose your presets or clock, remove the cover below the cd changer and unplug the three large connectors to the ECU for a few minutes.