PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exhaust

XCross69
03/16/2003, 10:59 AM
I have seen a couple VX's with dual exhaust on them. Does anyone have an idea of how it sounds or even a price range of how much it would cost to have done?? Any info/ideas would be great, I would like to have it done to mine!!

Joe_Black
03/16/2003, 01:48 PM
Just keep in mind no matter how cool it looks you'll be robbing your VX of power.

TDAWG
03/16/2003, 01:59 PM
I had a dual exhaust on mine. It sounds good but I will have to agree with Joe_Black. When I 1st had it done I tought it would up the HP but a after really discuss with my friend who tunes imports he said that since I was having done after the converter it really isn't adding hp. So I decided to go back to stock exhaust for now til I order the PV Muffler from Tone. It all depends on who's doing the work. Mine was free since he is a friend and since I had a sticker with his shops name on my VX for advertising.

tomdietrying
03/16/2003, 08:14 PM
Man, It does sound gooooood!

WormGod
03/17/2003, 06:50 AM
I am actually going in to my brother in law's shop this coming weekend to get mine done. I am not expecting anymore power at all, and essentially just going for the look of it. I already have the PV, so the sound is already there. There is just something "sex'eh" about a dual exhaust system, heh. ;)

Tone
03/17/2003, 07:41 AM
If you’re gonna spend the dollars to do a true dual exhaust, stay with small diameter tubing and you should be fine. Also, do a dyno run before and after and I’ll help you with the co$t of the dyno time. New, smaller diametet PowerVaults (shipping NEXT week) would be great in a dual setup.

Or, ou could always do a single PV muffler with dual tips out the back - I do agree duals look better!