PDA

View Full Version : Tennis shoe???

cascabel3
03/31/2005, 12:56 PM
Met a girl at the carwash the other day who owned one of those VW Things, the old army jeep version. Noted how cool of a car it was and then she saw mine roll through, said it looked really cool, saw it before and at times it reminded her of a "Tennis shoe." :?:

I had to laugh and conceded that now that she mentioend it, she's not that far off. After all, the white body and gray cladding. Hm.

StormTROOPER
03/31/2005, 01:13 PM
Not a "tennis" shoe but the designers were inspired by the "CROSS-trainer" shoe (multi-purpose and multi-surface) so instead of calling it a Cross-vehicle the named it....Vehi-CROSS.(rugged & atheletic) ;)

RitchieDon
03/31/2005, 01:24 PM
The girls here at the office call mine a frog.

cascabel3
03/31/2005, 01:27 PM
A frog :confused:

Well at least not a toad.

LukeVX
03/31/2005, 01:29 PM
I went out to lunch with my wife and her cooworkers one day. One of the guys had one of those box Scion things. They all said they wanted to see me put my tennis shoe car into his tennis shoe box car. I've heard the shoe thing like 100 times since. I have to admit it.

StormTROOPER
03/31/2005, 01:31 PM
They are dying to kiss it to see if it turns into a prince (or a Hummer). :) maybe a horny-toad but not a frog ;)

VXcaver
03/31/2005, 01:40 PM
My friends nicknamed my truck "The Shoe" so I finally gave in:

http://www.digitalbrushstrokes.com/images/17theshoe.jpg

StormTROOPER
03/31/2005, 01:58 PM
The earlier 2 door Rav-4 DEFINITELY looks like a funny shoe, makes our VX look like a stretch-limo when they're parked side by side.

Heraclid
03/31/2005, 02:46 PM
I was going to say something about horny toads too but StormTROOPER was too quick. :-)

Ldub
03/31/2005, 04:27 PM
One of my "friends" calls mine the pregnant roller skate...that friend may need a demotion to aquaintance! :bgwp:

marximus
03/31/2005, 10:12 PM
VXcaver, nice decal on the back. i have the same apple sticker as well. i like the plate too. :p

i have heard "your car looks like a shoe" so many times that i have lost count. most embarising time was when i was taking a right out of a parking lot, after a school bus let me go in front of her. she them got on her PA, with full volume, and said "your car looks like a shoe." it scared the heck out of me, it was so loud. i cant say that i disagree, i just wouldn't scream it on a PA. :p

shoota77
04/01/2005, 02:32 AM
I get snake all the time (clearly) and shark every once in a while. I kinda like the shark comment. :)

Crowml
04/01/2005, 05:44 AM
My father calls mine the "Reebocross"
(Subsequent name to the original "Nikecross")

Green Dragon
04/01/2005, 06:10 AM
At least the VX has a SOLE!

Dallas4u
04/01/2005, 07:38 AM
At least the VX has a SOLE!

Badddap - bop!

Yeah, had the VX called a shoe out of probably 80% of the comparisons to other objects.

thebear54
04/01/2005, 04:59 PM
Call it anything you want...Tennis Shoe, Frog, Dragon, Ugly, a Rav-4 on steroids...this is what it comes down to:
The VX is our car...We love them.....PHHHHHT :p to the rest of them!
John

marximus
04/01/2005, 05:55 PM
Amen!

Heraclid
04/01/2005, 07:38 PM
My birthday was yesterday and my wife and parents got me a set of sessions with a personal trainer and I worked out there for the first time today. Well unlike me, I think some of the clientele is pretty loaded judging by the cars outside. Two of the cars were a client's nice 7-series "liquid" black BMW (it looked like you could jump into the hood and go swimming) and the owner's pretty blue 350Z. The owner of the place went nuts over the VX. No sooner than I got through the door and he was asking if they still make those. I told him what years they were made and his eyes got big and then he said "it looks brand new!", then asked the BMW guy "doesn't it look brand new?", and then repeated "it looks brand new." LOL! Then he asked if it was fast and I mentioned wanting to supercharge it and damned if he didn't sound more thrilled about doing that to it than I am (and that's an awful lot)! Then the BMW guy went to his car for something and looked over the VX a bit while he was at it and came back in and said he really liked the headlights, so I returned the compliment and told him I think the "angel eyes" on BMW's are cool too. Anyway, the trainer really kicked my rear today and my arms feel like rubber bands, but I left pretty stoked about the impression the VX made and wanted to share the story.

VCrossGurlie2006
04/01/2005, 08:16 PM
I was told the VX looked like a turtle once...I dunno where they got that idea at.... :rolleyes: and on Thursday night I had a date that called it the ugliest car he had ever seen, he jus better be glad I like him even tho he DOES have bad taste *LoL :p :)

Heraclid
04/01/2005, 08:40 PM
Ew... what sacrilege! Lose him. :-) Talk about open mouth, insert foot. Did he know it was your ride first? If so, he is definitely a gambling man.

And I nearly ran down a good-sized turtle in the pouring rain this very night, and there's absolutely no resemblance. LOL

Sheik-YurBooty
04/01/2005, 08:55 PM
she was correct in a way, for I played tennis for years , & there was a tennis shoe by Beta that had large rubber molding going around the entire shoe, in which very much looked like the cladding

StormTROOPER
04/02/2005, 01:59 AM
When I showed up at work with the VX for the first time one co-worker in the parking lot really liked it and said.."you know what they say, some people look like their car". :) .....So then I entered the building and another co-worker said..."man, that thing is ugly". :confused: Givin what the first guy said I probally should have kicked his arse for callin ME ugly. :p ;)...That's what makes this vehicle so special...both beauty & beast, I can't think of another vehicle that generates so many comments (mostly positive).

PorkChopXpress
04/08/2005, 08:41 PM
Just got mine a couple of weeks ago, and a guy in my office asked "When did you get the elf shoe?" I can see the shoe part, but the elf part?

vxpac
04/08/2005, 09:47 PM
my friends seem to think my vx looks like a catfish. i think the shark is more fitting though.

StormTROOPER
04/09/2005, 10:48 AM
Just this week I pulled into a gas station and was in the store pre-paying for the gas when I looked out the plateglass window and saw these two guys drive up in an Infiniti FX (to gas up), they got out and immediately began to check out my VX. One guy just stood at the front and admiringly stared with a cig in one hand and his other hand in his pocket, must have been his first VX sighting cause then I saw him bend down to discover the grille badge. Reminded me of my first time, just couldn't take my eyes off it. ;)

TDAWG
04/09/2005, 10:48 AM
I had the chick at DMV vin check say the same thing about a tennis shoe when I bought my VX.