PDA

View Full Version : Check engine - Codes po171, po174, po303

Rapp
03/27/2005, 03:53 PM
Greetings all!

New to the forum and have a question.

I just moved to Houston and drove my 2000 VX (aka: Suzie, my girlfriend named her) down from Connecticut. I have owned Suzie for about 2 years and she has had most of the typical problems (CD player, headlight gaskets, wheel peel, etc).

I just hit about 85000 and this morning my check engine light went on and she is idling real rough. Jumps from about 200 rpm to 1500. Sometimes she will smooth out and other times she may stall. Went to Autozone and they gave me the codes po171 (lean on bank1), po174 (lean on bank 2), and po303 (cylinder 3 misfire). Any suggestions.. :confused: ..I am heading out to jiggle wire harnesses, check vacuum lines, and do all the other basics. Wanted to check if anybody had any experience with these codes before I call the shop.

Also, any VXers in Houston?

Thanks,
Adam Rapp

xdfarrx
03/27/2005, 03:57 PM
Welcome Adam-
Sounds like an intake manifold leak. It is fairly common. I just repaired mine, and am very happy to say my rig is running better then ever-
I would email/PM Tone as he is a good guy and I actually flew him out here to work on mine. Helpful and I get the reassurance of it being done proper-
He atleast could set you straight on a good mechanic as he is from Texas.
Good Luck-
xDx

Rapp
03/27/2005, 04:01 PM
Wow...talk about a quick response! Thanks for the advice. I saw some of his posts and I think I would rather make the trip to Austin to have him work on it if that's the case. Either way I will definitely be in touch.

Adam

VCrossfan
03/27/2005, 06:00 PM
Hey: You might also have the "Fuel Pump Pressure" checked. I had the same prob a couple of times within a one week period (idle up/down), then one day it just wouldn't start. After the pump fuse was replaced found the fuel press low (pump overloaded and blew the fuse) Found the fuel press. low. Had the Fuel pump replaced and haven't had either prob return...

xdfarrx
03/27/2005, 09:45 PM
Fuel Pump could be it as well, but I just had the same codes so IMO it is prolly intake gaskets, but regardless hope you get it dialedp-