PDA

View Full Version : Where does this part go?

Grant Eaton
03/14/2003, 01:18 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1180

I can't find where this part goes -- it was left over from Dynamatting. I suspect it came from the rear seat area. Any advice would be much-appreciated. Thanks!

Joe_Black
03/14/2003, 03:11 PM
I think that's an upholstery hook that probably came from underneath your back seat. Not 100%, but that's what it looks like to me.

Grant Eaton
03/14/2003, 04:11 PM
That sounds right! How does the hook work? Seeing as how the hook has been disconnected for ages, I don't understand where it hooks or how it works. Thanks.

Zu4two
03/15/2003, 11:07 AM
I bet ya that hook was used to hold a small part when they painted your truck at the factory. The fact that it doesn't seem to be formed to any exact dimensions and has marks at each of the bends where the paint is missing. I've got a buddy that paints stuff as part of his job, and he has similar looking parts laying around his shop.

Kirk

Joe_Black
03/16/2003, 01:59 PM
If it was a paint hook it'd have paint on it, rather than the wear marks where it pulled the upholstery together. I can't tell exactly where it came from as I haven't had my back seat out, but have seen plenty of these in various shapes and sizes while in the auto restoration biz. Sometimes an extra or two will get popped on at the plant, so it's probably non-critical. Just stick it in a zip-lock bag and put it in your glovebox or VX file and remember to take a peek next time you go on a disassembly spree.