PDA

View Full Version : Todays Press Release from Isuzu

Anita
03/24/2005, 10:26 AM
www.IsuzuNewsBureau.com

2006 ISUZU i-280 AND i-350 PICKUPS PREMIERE AT
NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW

Powerful, Versatile Extended Cab and Crew Cab Models—Developed Jointly by Isuzu Motors
Limited and General Motors—Scheduled to Begin Production in June

CERRITOS, Calif. —Isuzu Motors America, Inc., today pulled the wraps off its new-for-2006i-280 and i-350 pickups. The two models will join the Ascender 5-Passenger and 7-Passenger SUVs to double Isuzu’s U.S. lineup of rugged, versatile vehicles. Production is scheduled to begin in Shreveport, Louisiana, in June 2005. In announcing the new trucks, J. Terry Maloney, president of Isuzu Motors America, said, “The introduction of these midsize pickups will double our line-up and will strengthen both our dealers and our position in the market.”

Development of the i-280 and i-350 Pickups

The i-280 and i-350 pickups represent a return to its roots for Isuzu in the United States—and a continuation of its partnership with General Motors.
The first vehicle built by Isuzu and sold in the U.S. after the company’s historic agreement with General Motors was the Chevrolet Light Utility Vehicle—the Chevy LUV truck—in March 1972. Seven years later, the Chevy LUV 4x4 was named “Truck of the Year” by Motor Trend magazine. It continued as part of the Chevrolet lineup until 1982. By that time, Isuzu had established its own dealer network in the United States and was selling its own version of the truck as the Isuzu P’Up. Production of the Isuzu Hombre began in 1995. While the LUV had been built by Isuzu for GM, the Hombre was based on the then-current Chevy S-10 pickup, and was built at the GM factory in Shreveport, Louisiana. In 1997, after 25 years of sharing one another’s compact pickups, Isuzu Motors Limited and GM began to develop a new world-class midsize truck—together.

-moreIsuzu
Motors America, Inc./2006 Isuzu Pickups
2-2-2-2
Each company had its own area of responsibility. Isuzu—as the lead engineer in the partnership—had primary responsibility for packaging, interior design, powertrain strategy, establishing quality and cost targets, technical specifications, structure, and layout of the new truck. And Isuzu shared responsibility with GM for styling, common component design, prototype production, and productivity studies. Isuzu would build the truck for Thailand, and GM would build a version for North America here in the U.S. Because of the vastly different requirements of these markets, in 2001 the two companies began pursuing separate final development of their own trucks. Powertrains for the Asia/export pickup were engineered by Isuzu, and for the North American version by GM.

In May 2002, the Isuzu D-Max was introduced in Thailand—and immediately became a national sensation there. Production was doubled from the original plan within two months of introduction. In fact, the D-Max sold over 100,000 units in Thailand alone during its first year on the market—good for a commanding 40 percent share of the Thai pickup truck market. In August 2003, General Motors introduced two North American versions of this truck—the Chevy Colorado and the GMC Canyon—both produced at GM’s factory in Shreveport. The i-280 and i-350 Pickups are Isuzu variants of the North American version of the jointly developed truck, and will be produced in Shreveport. But as Maloney pointed out, “Make no mistake: this truck has Isuzu in its soul.”

2006 Isuzu i-280 Extended Cab 4x2
The i-280 is the workhorse of the i pickup family. It will be available as an Extended Cab 4x2 with either a five-speed manual or a four-speed Hydra-Matic automatic transmission. The i-280 will be powered by a 2.8-liter inline four-cylinder engine that develops 175 horsepower and 185 foot-pounds of torque—the highest horsepower and torque in its class. Properly equipped, the i-280 can tow up to 3,200 pounds and carry a payload of over 1,500
pounds. The engine develops so much power and punch for its size because of state-of-the-art features like:
· Electronic throttle control
· Electronically-controlled variable exhaust valve timing

-moreIsuzu
3-3-3-3
· A strong, lightweight aluminum cylinder block with nodular iron crankshaft and lightweight pistons
· Dual chain-driven balance shafts
It’s brawny, yes, but it’s efficient, too. The i-280 is expected to deliver EPA fuel mileage estimates of 21 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway with the manual transmission.

The i-280 will be available in four trim levels:
§ The entry-level S, designed for true truck duty with such features as:
§ Heavy-duty suspension
§ 5,000-pound GVWR
§ P225/75T15 tires
§ 15x6.5-inch aluminum wheels
§ 3.42 rear axle ratio
§ Power steering
§ Four-wheel anti-lock braking system
§ Stainless-steel exhaust
§ Automatic on-off headlamps
§ Daytime running lights
§ Lamp group, including door-operated dome lamp, front-door courtesy lamps and
cargo bed lamp
§ Electronically-tuned AM/FM stereo radio with clock, seek and scan, and four
speakers
§ Air conditioning
§ Vinyl floor covering
§ 60/40 split front bench seat with easy-clean vinyl seat covering
§ The S Plus Preferred Equipment Package, which adds:
§ Carpeting
§ Fabric seats
§ Rear jump seats
§ Storage compartment under rear seats
§ AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player
§ Deep tinted windows
§ Manual day/night rearview mirror with dual reading lamps
§ The LS Package, which adds:
§ Power windows
§ Power door locks
§ Power outside mirrors
§ Remote keyless entry

-moreIsuzu
4-4-4-4
§ Tilt steering column
§ Cruise control
§ Six speakers
§ Body side molding
§ Front bucket seats with center console
§ Deluxe seat fabric
§ The top-of-the-line Luxury Package, which offers:
§ Six-disc in-dash CD changer
§ Electronic traction control with automatic locking rear differential
§ Auto-dimming rearview mirror with dual map lamps, compass and outside
temperature indicator
§ Sliding rear window
§ Fog lamps
§ Leather-wrapped steering wheel
§ Side curtain, side-impact airbags

2006 Isuzu i-350 Crew Cab 4x4
If the i-280 is the workhorse truck of the family, the i-350 is the truck for a family of workhorses—the fun and functional lifestyle leader of Isuzu’s new line of pickups. The i-350 will be available as a Crew Cab 4x4, with bigger tires, an off-road suspension and a standard four-speed Hydra-Matic transmission. The standard Insta-Trac four-wheel drive system features a transfer case and shift control system designed and built by Isuzu Motors Limited. It lets drivers shift on the fly from two-wheel drive to four-high and back with just the touch of a button. And because the transfer case can be set in neutral, the i-350—like all Ascender four-wheel drive models—can be dinghy-towed behind another vehicle. Putting the power to all four wheels will be GM’s innovative Vortec 3500 in-line five-cylinder engine—a powerplant that provides the power of a V6 and the efficiency of a four. Like the i-280, the i-350’s engine employs an in-line configuration for low noise, vibration and
harshness. This design—mated to electronic throttle control, variable exhaust valve timing, an aluminum cylinder block and dual balance shafts—results in an engine with the horsepower normally found in a V6 and the fuel efficiency expected of a four-cylinder. This state-of-the-art engine produces 220 horsepower and 225 foot-pounds of torque—while still expected to deliver EPA fuel economy estimates of 17 mpg city and 22 mpg highway—while still providing a payload of 1,190 pounds and a towing capacity of 4,000 pounds.

-moreIsuzu
5-5-5-5
Because it’s the comfort and convenience leader of the i line, the i-350 will come standard with all of the equipment in both the Preferred Equipment and LS trim packages. As a result, amenities like AM/FM stereo with CD, MP3 and six speakers; full power; tilt; cruise and deluxe seat fabric will be included.

Optional on the i-350 will be the Limited Package, which includes:
§ Six-disc in-dash CD changer
§ Eight-way power heated driver’s seat
§ Six-way power heated passenger seat
§ Leather-appointed interior trim
§ Auto-dimming rearview mirror with dual map lamps, compass and outside
temperature indicator
§ Sliding rear window
§ Moonroof
Dealer-Installed Accessories
Everyone knows how important it is to accessorize. And the i-280 and i-350 won’t disappoint. Available dealer-installed accessories will include a hard folding bed cover; cargo bed edge protector; running boards; mudflaps; assist steps; and trailer provisions. More accessories will be
announced closer to launch.
Production, Protection, Peace of Mind and Pricing
Isuzu Motors America expects to sell five to ten thousand i-280s and i-350s in the first year. And no wonder. Like the Ascender 7-Passenger and Ascender 5-Passenger SUVs, the i-280 and i-350 will be backed by Isuzu’s 7-year/75,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and 7-year/75,000-
mile roadside assistance program--over twice as long as GM’s 3-year/36,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and roadside assistance coverage.
These coverages are in addition to Isuzu’s three-year/50,000-mile basic and six-year/100,000- mile perforation from corrosion warranties.
According to Maloney, “That peace of mind won’t come at a hefty price. Although final pricing will not be announced until closer to launch, I can assure you that the i-280 and i-350 will be priced attractively and competitively.” “Today,” Maloney concluded, “we return to our roots. With the rugged Ascender SUVs—and now, the versatile i-280 and i-350 pickups, engineered and developed by both Isuzu and GM— we will offer a full complement of the types of vehicles that made Isuzu famous.” Isuzu Motors America, Inc., is the U.S. distributor of Isuzu sport utility vehicles and diesel engines. For more information call (800) 662-2464 or access www.IsuzuNewsBureau.com.

TDAWG
03/24/2005, 01:51 PM
Is it me or are these 2 Isuzu truck Sileravdos? Isuzu didn't even bother to try and hide that.

Green Dragon
03/24/2005, 02:04 PM
Five cylinder engine nothing new for Isuzu. Lots of folks discovered they only had five cylinders left when #1 failed.

Bob F

Jay Dunford
03/24/2005, 02:32 PM
Five cylinder engine nothing new for Isuzu. Lots of folks discovered they only had five cylinders left when #1 failed.

Bob F

That's a great way to fix the #1 cylinder problem on the 3.5's, just take out the bad one. :p

Anita
03/24/2005, 02:38 PM
Lol

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/25/2005, 05:51 AM
I kind of like the look of the new Chevy Colorado so the new Isuzu Pickup doesn't bother me in that respect...just disappointed they aren't willing to do their own thing (like the VX) to try and break the mold and get some attention. Look at all the attention Honda is getting with the new Ridgeline Pickup! Isuzu will never garner special attention if it keeps relying on it's GM partnership. I still can't believe they dropped the Axiom in favor of keeping the Ascender?????????

thebear54
03/25/2005, 05:58 PM
I kind of like the look of the new Chevy Colorado so the new Isuzu Pickup doesn't bother me in that respect...just disappointed they aren't willing to do their own thing (like the VX) to try and break the mold...
I agree 100% with what you are trying to say...however....
look at what happened to Isuzu and the VX when they did "break the mold".
Unfortunatly when you "break the mold" you usually "break the bank" too and that's what happens way too often. The old AMC (American Motors Corp.) Gremlin/Hornet/Javelin/Matador ...comes to mind. As well as the Chevy Vega. Styling and or technical products which were way ahead of their time...JUST LIKE OUR BELOVED VX.
John

thebear54
03/25/2005, 06:00 PM
:( I am just sad that they discontinued the Rodeo in 2004. Say what you will about Isuzu...but that Rodeo is one sweet,tough little SOB.
John

thebear54
04/06/2005, 01:45 AM
While we are on the subject of trucks here...check out this brute.
It's the chinese version of the Isuzu...called "Great Wall".
Stylin'...would not mind one of these beauties myself.
John
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Isuzu_Great_Wall_Truck.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Great_Wall_Truck.jpg)

Dallas4u
04/06/2005, 07:50 AM
While we are on the subject of trucks here...check out this brute.
It's the chinese version of the Isuzu...called "Great Wall".
Stylin'...would not mind one of these beauties myself.
John
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Isuzu_Great_Wall_Truck.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Isuzu_Great_Wall_Truck.jpg)

I have an idea how you can get one here, in the US... go to a Nissan dealer and look at a used Frontier. That thing looks exactly like the past model Frontier. I don't know how Isuzu played a part in that one.

CIATexan
04/06/2005, 09:34 AM
I love how it says, a return to its roots....HAHA right, they took the Cheby colorado and put a different grill on it....

and yea, thats a frontier, you can buy em at any nissan dealership. And im pretty sure that they dont market them as Izuzu's, they're still nissan.

thedutchguy
04/06/2005, 11:16 AM
Buy 1 now, get the second one for free!

Heraclid
04/06/2005, 05:37 PM
I'm so ashamed of that. Lame, lamer, lamest. The last thing I want to see is Isuzu selling Frontiers. If they ever expect to return to their glory days, something original would be a good start. This looks so awful for them. This just puts out the image that they are just a second-rate manufacturer begging for scraps off the tables of the big boys. When they desperately need to dig themselves out of a hole, it looks like they're determined to dig it deeper.

Maugan_VX
04/06/2005, 06:10 PM
The colorado was 90% designed by Isuzu to begin with, why shouldn't they be selling it?

Question is, with the 12% ownership of Isuzu that GM held now gone, WHY did Isuzu decide to help GM design their pickup?

Joe_Black
04/06/2005, 06:27 PM
Question is, with the 12% ownership of Isuzu that GM held now gone, WHY did Isuzu decide to help GM design their pickup?

They're just milking GM to keep their name in the publics face until they return with they're own lineup (can you say turbo diesels?) for 2007. Then GM gets kicked to the curb! w00t! Heh, most don't know the last batch of Rodeos and Troopers were assembled by Subaru. ;)

Heraclid
04/06/2005, 06:51 PM
That may be, but it doesn't look like a Colorado at all from the front. Much more like a Frontier. That IS the Frontier front end. And my question is this - why does GM need any help designing anything?

If Isuzu basically built it, they should have come to market with it first. Perception is reality for a lot of folks. It may be an Isuzu with Chevy badges on it, but the fact that it wore Chevy badges first means that in effect, an Isuzu variant will just be a Chevy with Isuzu badges on it to lots of people. That makes Chevy look good, not Isuzu. If Isuzu keeps acting second-rate, they will always be second-rate. Add to that the fact that it has that Frontier-looking front end that will foster a notion that the Isuzu is a mere copycat, and a bad one at that. There's no attempt at all to make it a little different and hide what it is. And who copied who with the fender cladding on some of those Frontiers, hmmm? From a marketing standpoint, I think it is about as pathetic as it gets. Restructuring or not, right now they look BAD.

thebear54
04/07/2005, 04:31 AM
David...
100% in agreement here with you !!!!!!!!!!!
Isuzu should not be playing second fiddle to anyone. The only reason they might be doing this is to get out of their financial hole...but it might turn around and bite them in the butt sooner or later.
In my opinion Isuzu makes one hell of a tough little product and they should be standing on their own. Just my 4 cents
John

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/07/2005, 05:58 PM
This is the look to be sold in the States:
http://www.isuzunewsbureau.com/

http://www.isuzunewsbureau.com/images/med/i-350_front34.withbackground.jpg

http://www.isuzunewsbureau.com/images/med/i-280_front34.withbackground.jpg

Joe_Black
04/07/2005, 07:31 PM
Okay, here's the DMax lineup that will eventually make it here...

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/image/line_up_1_1.jpghttp://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/image/line_up_5_1.jpg
http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/image/line_up_3_1.jpghttp://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/dmax/image/line_up_4_1.jpg

And a few of the other SUV models slated to make their US deput upon the official return of Isuzu to these shores (rather than rebadged recall-generating GM garbage)...

http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/suv/image/mu-7.jpghttp://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/suv/image/panther.jpg

thebear54
04/07/2005, 08:06 PM
When these babies get here, I'll be there...
after all the Rodeo can't live forever :)
John

mbeach
04/07/2005, 08:10 PM
I like 'em, I hope that Isuzu has the sense to offer them with a V8 though.

Joe_Black
04/08/2005, 04:35 AM
I like 'em, I hope that Isuzu has the sense to offer them with a V8 though.

V8? Nope, intercooled turbodiesels! :thumbup: You gotta remember that Isuzu makes the worlds best diesels.

mbeach
04/08/2005, 05:29 AM
You and I both know that, but it has been proven time and again that Americans are not ready for diesels.

If they want to ever be hot sellers they have to offer the consumer (the perception of) power.

I suppose we can let the Liberty's new CR diesel test the waters first.

GoIsuzu
04/09/2005, 10:30 AM
I love how it says, a return to its roots....HAHA right, they took the Cheby colorado and put a different grill on it....

Maybe I'm just having a really bad day (shop's at least a week backed up and I'm getting sold units dumped on me left and right) but really, if you're going to try and burn Isuzu for rebadging the Colorado you really should do a little research.

Unlike the Ascender, which is a GM product, the Colorado, at heart, is an Isuzu product. Isuzu does not produce the Colorado but the majority of the development work for the Colorado was done by Isuzu. Colorado may roll off a GM line but it's just a rebadged Isuzu for all intents and purposes.

I wouldn't expect to see a lot of revolutionary designs out of Isuzu in the near future. They're concentrating on the development of their new line of d-engines. The development of their new engines will be much more lucrative to Isuzu than the manufacture and sales of light passenger vehicles.

GoIsuzu
04/09/2005, 10:36 AM
That may be, but it doesn't look like a Colorado at all from the front. Much more like a Frontier. That IS the Frontier front end. And my question is this - why does GM need any help designing anything?

GM not need help with designs? Since when?

Isuzu doesn't have manufacturing capability in the United States any longer. Importing vehicles isn't really an option unless the chicken tax gets repealed. They could build them in Japan and import them, but they'd pay a hefty tax that would basically make them non-competitive on the US market.

So why not get manufacturing capability in the US? Even at their best, Isuzu only sold a hundred thousand or so vehicles annually in the US. Today, it's far, far lower. It would take quite a few years of substantial losses to rebuild their US market all the while spending a lot of money keeping a plant open. It's easier to buy excess inventory from another manufacturer and rebadge.

TDAWG
04/09/2005, 11:14 AM
anyone who has seen the pics of the Isuzu America meet knows that isuzu has some outstanding designs but I guess that someone up the corprate ladder thinks it too much work to stay outside the box. The VX, VXC, VX2 are all outside the box but due to sales and gremlins it may not be worth it.

thebear54
04/09/2005, 06:38 PM
Tony I agree with your thoughts about Isuzu 100%.
As for as Don's comments about Isuzu's lucrative design and development concentration...this may be very very true Don but....(and this is where I get ugly)
Nothing againts you Don but Isuzu's major malfunction over the last four, five, six years have been caused by careless attitudes from Isuzu dealers who would rather replace a $600.00 part than try to do an honest day's work and keep the customers happy.
A lot of people jumped off the Isuzu bandwagon to other brands because they kept getting sc**ed by dealerships...NOT because the product was bad (far from it) but because the service sucked!
John

mbeach
04/10/2005, 09:40 AM
...but Isuzu's major malfunction over the last four, five, six years have been caused by careless attitudes from Isuzu dealers who would rather replace a $600.00 part than try to do an honest day's work and keep the customers happy.
This is everywhere, not just Isuzu. It's a product of the disposable society that we live in. It's cheaper to replace a part than it is to pay a tech $60 an hour to troubleshoot and repair a part that might just need to be replaced anyways.

...NOT because the product was bad (far from it) but because the service sucked!

I've already run into this at a dealership. When I asked the service manager why my 40k mile shattered swaybar endlink was not covered under warranty, I got this response: "...I'll check if you want me too, but the Isuzu rep doesn't even come around anymore, so don't expect too much to happen..."
It's a $30 dollar part -no big deal, but his attitude and indifference to my complaint was just too much. I invited him to play a tune on my hairy bagpipe and haven't been back since.

I'll give Don my business from now on.

GoIsuzu
04/10/2005, 09:37 PM
I think I've mentioned this before but Isuzu is generally considered a Tier 2 or 3 franchise. In other words, most dealerships won't stock a large inventory of parts, nor new vehicles, nor have technicians who are extremely familiar with the nuances of their vehicles. The blame doesn't really lay with Isuzu... a hundred thousand vehicles or so annually at their best wouldn't bump them up to prime-time. They've always been a tier 2/tier 3 franchise and probably always will, despite everything that they have had in their favor in years gone by.

Which is too bad. Isuzu products are unbeatable in my opinion. I've seen Troopers with almost 300,000 miles come in on recall campaigns that run and drive better than most of the domestics we have roll through our shop.

Most dealerships don't intentionally screw over their customers. It doesn't pay. A customer screwed by a dealer's shop is less likely to purchase a car from the dealership, which amounts to cutting their own throat for future warranty/retail work. And service (and parts, to a degree) is the lifeblood of any new car dealership. New car sales are nothing more than icing on the cake. If I were to tell you how much we actually make when we sell a brand new fully loaded Ascender, your jaw would probably hit the ground. And not because we're making a killing... We have to sell on average two Ascenders to make the same as we do off one used vehicle.

Granted there are little extras. If we sell 12 units in a month, we get money back from the manufacturer. But there are only a handful of Isuzu dealerships that can do that, and in our market it'll probably never happen no matter how hard we try.

Bottom line, whether it's Ford or Isuzu or GM... parts and service is the number one source of income, and that income is fueled by the purchase of new vehicles. Screwing over shop customers is equivalent to cutting your own dealership's throat. Not saying that it doesn't happen. It does. It's just not as common as everyone seems to think it is.

Nothing againts you Don but Isuzu's major malfunction over the last four, five, six years have been caused by careless attitudes from Isuzu dealers who would rather replace a $600.00 part than try to do an honest day's work and keep the customers happy.
A lot of people jumped off the Isuzu bandwagon to other brands because they kept getting sc**ed by dealerships...NOT because the product was bad (far from it) but because the service sucked!
John

GoIsuzu
04/10/2005, 10:10 PM
This is everywhere, not just Isuzu. It's a product of the disposable society that we live in. It's cheaper to replace a part than it is to pay a tech $60 an hour to troubleshoot and repair a part that might just need to be replaced anyways.

I personally believe that shop labor rates are getting far too steep. Some dealerships in the local area have hit 94 bucks an hour on their retail labor rates. And those aren't electrical diagnosis rates, which can range anywhere from a hundred to 125 an hour.

I've already run into this at a dealership. When I asked the service manager why my 40k mile shattered swaybar endlink was not covered under warranty, I got this response: "...I'll check if you want me too, but the Isuzu rep doesn't even come around anymore, so don't expect too much to happen..."
It's a $30 dollar part -no big deal, but his attitude and indifference to my complaint was just too much. I invited him to play a tune on my hairy bagpipe and haven't been back since.

I have a hard time believing the Isuzu ZPSM doesn't "come around anymore". Perhaps this is another zone ZPSM, but I know *our* ZPSM is top-notch. Does he come around a lot? No. Can I call him on his cell and either get hold of him immediately or at least know he'll call me back fairly quickly if he's not available? Yes.

And Isuzu is pretty good, in my opinion, about "goodwill" coverage. No, they're not going to cover everyone and everything, but given the right circumstances they'll go out of their way to help an Isuzu owner.

I'll give Don my business from now on.

Well, I have to admit I'm not the end all, be all of Isuzu service. In fact, I'm probably one of the worst P&S Managers amongst Isuzu dealerships. Not only do I *not* have any prior parts and service experience of any kind, I'm swamped. In other words, a lot of times things that need to get done for customers, don't. Which is why I started putting together our parts website -- it takes us out of the loop for the most part and lets customers deal -- at least indirectly -- with Isuzu itself.

It wasn't originally supposed to be this way at our dealership. We went into this with a parts counterperson (myself), a parts and service manager, a service advisor and a service tech. We quickly found out that that wasn't going to work out. We just don't have a big enough Isuzu market here to produce the kind of income to support a full staff.

Now I'm the parts counterperson, parts driver, service advisor, parts and service manager, and sometimes act in a general manager-like capacity when dealing with Isuzu. Throw in my responsibility of managing the computer network, dealing with internet vendors like autotrader.com and cars.com, and putting out fires (crisis situations), and I've got *no* time.

This all goes back to the reason Isuzu is a tier 2/tier 3 franchise. Outside of a major Isuzu market like KC, Saint Louis, etc., you just can't support a well-managed full-service facility without more popular franchises. A dealership has to have deep pockets to provide itself with a staff capable of addressing customer concerns. On the flip side of the coin, multiple-franchise dealerships are going to focus the majority of their attention to the most profitable franchises, which Isuzu wouldn't be at most dealerships. (Again, not because of product, but because of market share.)

All that said, I don't know of any other parts & service manager like myself. I'm never off work. Parts & Service calls are forwarded to my cell phone 24/7. I've taken parts calls at one o'clock in the morning and service calls later in the morning than that. If I get a customer's order messed up (and it does happen more often than I'd like) I go out of my way to correct the problem any way I can. I've driven to KC to pick up a $30 part in order to get it delivered to a shop on the day I promised rather than make the customer wait until the next day for an overnight drop-ship. It's little (well, actually big things, considering I don't have time to do this kind of stuff) things like this that I think a lot of dealership's service facilities are lacking. It seems to me that people think of their jobs as JUST jobs, and do only what's absolutely required. Anything more and you can expect a polite f-you and please call again.

I've always thrown myself into my work with almost a fanatical zeal. Maybe that's just me and I'm a glutton for punishment. I do know that the majority of my customers appreciate it.

Dayam, too long of a post...