PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy Texans

SlowPro48
03/24/2005, 10:11 AM
Well I remember from the infamous Kerry thread that there's a chick in Texas who's thinking of moving with her partner to the Asheville, NC area and has been up there looking for a place to live. I can't remember her name though and don't have time to filter through that monster of a thread looking for it. SO - this is to any Texan who can help out...

Here's the deal: I'd like to bid on two small pieces of furniture that are located in Bowie, TX which from what I can tell is about 60 miles NW of Fort Worth. The problem is they are pickup only. Would anyone be willing to haul them up to NC for me? They will fit in the back of a VX with the seat folded up. All manner of articles could be stuffed in and around them so there would still be room for your gear. I've contacted the seller and she's willing to let the items sit around her place for up to a couple months so no real hurry as far as the timing is concerned.

In exchange you will get a week at my family's vacation place which is just north of A-ville. It's a 4BR/3BA on 150 acres and the property backs up to Pisgah NF so there's a bajillion acres of back country hiking available if that's what you're into - or you can zip down the Blue Ridge Parkway and be in Asheville in less than 20 minutes if you're into the more urban type of sightseeing.

As I said this offer is open to anybody but if you're that lesbian from Texas who's looking to move to A-ville, and are planning a scouting trip to NC anyway, then this might be a perfect situation for you... (sorry I can't remember your name!)

If anyone is interested, please contact me at slowpro48 at yahoo dot com. The auction ends in 3 days though, so if you're willing, let me know pretty soon! It's item # 4367124299 if that matters....

Thanks

Heraclid
03/24/2005, 10:24 AM
Damn. I love that area and have made trips up there several times over the years. But me being in Florida doesn't help. Would you be at all interested in renting it out for a week in October? Hey, I had to ask. :-)

V-Twin hiCROSS
03/24/2005, 10:24 AM
SlowPro,
I sure wish that I lived in Texas!!! That sounds like a very nice vacation spot. Let me know if you might be interested in any items from Missouri or Illinois, I will deliver for the same deal.

One of you Texans ought to take him up on this deal. That is a beautiful part of the country.

Anita
03/24/2005, 09:52 PM
I wish I could do it for ya! I have spent a number of summers in that area near Asheville. I would vacation there in a heartbeat if I had the time and opportunity!!!

jimbo
03/25/2005, 03:05 PM
Well I remember from the infamous Kerry thread that there's a chick in Texas who's thinking of moving with her partner to the Asheville, NC area and has been up there looking for a place to live. I can't remember her name though and don't have time to filter through that monster of a thread looking for it.

Hey SlowPro - remember me. I haven't been here in a while but I stopped back today, put on my scuba gear and a little shark repellant and dove into the monster we all created to find the name for ya.

It was vxkween

Take care, Jimbo

SlowPro48
03/29/2005, 08:46 PM
Jimbo! Of course I remember you!!! What a thread that was. You're a brave man to delve back into it. What's going to instigate the next smackdown - Condi vs Hillary? Now that would produce some supreme verbage. I hope BamBam returns before then...

Hey thanks for digging that name up but as it turned out my measley $150 bid got totally blown out of the water. Whoever woulda thunk a pair of end tables or night stands or whatever they were would go for $695? Outta my league that's for sure!