PDA

View Full Version : Dang!!!

crager34
03/24/2005, 08:38 AM
What's with all the VX's for sale on Ebay? I thought people loved these!

TDAWG
03/24/2005, 08:49 AM
Hey crager34,
I counted 6 for sale. One is listed twice. I also noticed that some are from dealerships and they might not be members in our family. None of them have mods done.

V-Twin hiCROSS
03/24/2005, 10:20 AM
It only makes sense because the warranty period is running out (at least for 2nd owners like myself) and many leases are ending right about now. They should be fairly plentiful for the next two years because of these timing issues, but then they will start to get scarce again. I just wish I had waited another year to buy mine, because the prices dropped considerably.

Just my $.02

Offroad vx
03/24/2005, 10:38 AM
It appears to me that Wayzata Toyota in Mn. is on a buying rampage for VXs. Back in Dec. they had 3 on there lot when I went up there to look at them and recently I've noticed on Ebay and Cars.com that they have quit a few listed there too. They must figure they're a money maker for them or someone that works there is just queer for them.

thebear54
03/25/2005, 05:33 PM
As of this afternoon...the E-Bay count is now at 10 VX's.
The bidding is very active on most of them. The problem with the VX's listed with dealers is that most of them have reserves. Reserves scare a lot of potential buyers away.
You are right about the leases ending on a lot of these cars right now. That's how I picked my '99 IronMan up in '04. Yes, the prices are going a bit lower...but keep your chins up, the prices will go back up soon.
John