PDA

View Full Version : M.o.a.b.

TimG
03/14/2003, 11:58 AM
Ok, I'm watching the local news the other night. Actually, I'm lying in bed reading a book and the TV is just on for background noise. The local news happens to be what is on at the moment.

Anyway, I'm lying there reading my book and I hear them mention Moab. Well having been to a zuzoo event, this gets my attention. I'm picturing 4x4's driving through the trails at Moab, a few rollovers, and then the newscaster complaining that four wheeling is unsafe. Maybe an "expose'"(sp?) on the EJS and how we should avoid attending.

Sure, their complaining would irritate me, but I'd get to see some pictures of beautiful Moab. I've been eagerly anticipating my return to Moab since before Christmas, and I was hoping this would help me deal with my Moab withdrawals for a couple of more months.

So, I sit there through 15 minutes of "news" before they actually get to the good part. You know, the part about Moab. Well they finally get to the story, and they are showing all of these explosions and stuff and I'm thinking, $h!7, something REALLY bad must have happened recently at some event in Moab, like maybe a truck exploded while running a trail.

Nope, nothing so traumatizing. Just some stupid bomb that we've developed recently, and they are calling it the "Mother Of All Bombs." M.O.A.B for short. How lame. How 1992ish when Sadam Insane had his "Mother Of All Wars." Why do they want to take a wonderful place like Moab and associate it with war? And more importantly, why would the local news want to broadcast that news item right when I'm in the middle of a good book causing me to lose my place? Jerks!

Anyway, just wanted to warn you that if you hear something on the news about Moab, it's probably just about some bomb and not about anything important. Keep reading your book, and see you all in Moab.

MOAB! MOAB! MOAB! MOAB! MOAB! MOAB!

phines
03/14/2003, 12:16 PM
Heh heh... someone's got the fever...
________
Honda Cr-V (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CR-V)

Bantan
03/14/2003, 12:44 PM
Same thing happened to me, except for the reading a book part.
I got all interested in the news for nothing, even though I am not going to MOAB this year.:(
Who knows, maybe one of the rocket scientist owns a VX.