PDA

View Full Version : Body Lifts

projectVX99
03/21/2005, 01:46 PM
:confused: someone said that you can us an older Trooper body lift on the VehiCross. Does anyone know what I'm looking for? How old do I need to go? Also from the research I've done All the Trooper body lifts are for man. transmissions only. HELP!

Maugan_VX
03/21/2005, 01:57 PM
The "manual only" trooper lift kits can be adapted for automatics. In fact its easier. You only need to weld the extension for the transfer case lever. The shifter linkage on the autos can be adjusted to work for up to 3" of body lift.

Be warned though, the "Performance Accessories" body lift kit's only useful parts are the pucks and bolts. None of the brakets fit on my trooper, and probably wont fit on the VX. This doesn't keep you from pulling it off, you just need to be creative with how you secure A/C lines, radiator mounts and driveline safety loops because none of the relocation brackets fit on the trooper.

Also, I haven't fiddled with the bumpers on the VX too much, but I doubt the bumper relocation brackets fit the tube bumpers, considering they didn't fit my conventional bumpers on the trooper.

In short, it CAN be done. It all depends on your level of familiarity with the VX and how willing you are to come up with solutions for the shortcomings in the lift kit.

I'd order mine through Joe D, I think his kit actually has USEFUL hardware.