PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Front seats...?????

JoFotoz
03/19/2005, 12:22 PM
Has anyone ever tried lowering the front seats?
I'm tall...and I'm finding the seating postition kind of high...

..even worse since fitting Wet Okole seat covers!

An inch or two lower would really help!

Thanks for any insight or advice.

Jo

Maugan_VX
03/19/2005, 09:14 PM
really?

I'm 6'5" and have no problems with it.

Of course its tight on any vehicle (except the trooper where I had a good 6" of headroom) but PM Nazrat, he lowered his seats because he's also quite tall, and he had to lower his seat because of his sunroof.

xdfarrx
03/19/2005, 10:30 PM
I would like to lower them if it is doable-

Heraclid
03/20/2005, 07:44 AM
I've consider covers by Wet Okole or Legacy myself. Just how much of a difference are those seatcovers making? The swatches they sent me were quite thin. :confused:

I'm 6'3" and the VX is ok for me, although it's very close in the headroom dept. and I lean forward as I get in. But I can sit straight up and tilt my head all the way back. I am told I have a long torso (at my height I can still wear 30" length jeans just fine). Most people my height are probably longer in the legs so maybe the VX doesn't bother them as much despite being taller than me.

I think Tad (Nazrat) described how he lowered his seats somewhere on this board. This would interest me mostly for rallycross purposes, where my driving position has to be a bit awkward and unnatural when I don a helmet.

EDIT: Couldn't find the thread at first. But here it is:
http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=4654&highlight=seat+lower

You'll have to REALLY want to do it...

scarpezio
03/20/2005, 10:00 AM
I just put the Legacy seat covers on my Vehicross and I have Wet Okoles on my Vette. The wet Okoles fit much better and tighter than the Legacy, probably because the WO's have 2 cross straps and the Legacys only have one. This allows the front sides to lift up as you slide in since the strap is 3/4 of the way towards the back. Also with the lengthwise straps pulled tight, the front seam has started to rip on the Legacys which means in a few weeks I'll have to check out how good their warranty is - which also means removing the bottom part, shipping it back, and pulling the seat again to reinstall them. I kinda wish i had spent the extra $25 for the Wet Okoles.

Heraclid
03/20/2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the info!

By the way, can you get the Wet Okoles so that you can use the seat extender we have? I was originally leaning toward Legacy because I know they make them that way.