PDA

View Full Version : Snowplow?

I_Wanna_Retire
03/18/2005, 05:25 AM
Anybody ever attach a snowplow to their VX? I am thinking about it for next winter. Maybe one of those pull behind plows that attach to the rear receiver hitch.

Ldub
03/18/2005, 06:09 AM
No offence intended but, I think you should put off retirement until you can buy an old POS chevy or ford with fist sized rust holes in the body & put a snowplow on that. IMHO the VX deserves better.As always, my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.
I can't imagine how wierd that would look. Oh & btw, I was at a garage sale in Rice Lake,Barronet or Cumberland...can't remember which anymore, & an older (70 ish) woman came up to me & told me, in no uncertain terms, that my VX was the UGLIEST car she had ever seen. So if you do this to your VX, you may wish to stay away from that little corner of "cheeseland". :laughg:

Ldub

I_Wanna_Retire
03/18/2005, 06:28 AM
Well, thanks (I think?), but I am up in the boonies, so it does not matter what it will look like, nobody will see it. I am just after funtionality.

thebear54
03/18/2005, 06:39 PM
Would love to see a photo of that beast if you ever get it rigged up :)
John

Offroad vx
03/19/2005, 05:54 PM
I think it would look really cool with a great big Hodag painted on the blade! No one would even look twice at it.

I_Wanna_Retire
03/20/2005, 04:30 AM
Well, ok, but what in thee h*ll is a Hodag :)

WormGod
03/21/2005, 07:35 AM
Oh man, good luck with that. With our wheelbase, the VX will spin around in circles AROUND the plow, hahaha. It will look like a little Mexican doing a hat dance. ;)

I just remember putting a plow on my old '83 Toyota and and it just did some very silly things. Also, careful of the frame. Plows lend a LOT of frame stress and you could seriously damage the backbone of your VX. If you care about it that much, I wouldnt do it.

V-Twin hiCROSS
03/21/2005, 12:13 PM
Not to mention the wear & tear on your transmission. Plows should really only be put on vehicles with manual transmissions. Most (if not all) automatic transmissions cannot stand up to the rigors of pushing tons of snow. Especially if you do it regularly. A driveway might not be too bad, but not an allday affair.

Just my $.02

I_Wanna_Retire
03/21/2005, 12:46 PM
Ok, I give up. Thanks for the feedback. I will buy a 4 wheeler with a snowblower attachment.

Offroad vx
03/22/2005, 10:31 AM
Well, ok, but what in thee h*ll is a Hodag :)
Look around your town, that big green thing that looms everywhere is the infamous Hodag.

Ldub
03/22/2005, 11:20 AM
The only big green thing looming around my town is the Mother Ship...Gotta go now, It's my turn to be abducted again.
Ld