PDA

View Full Version : WOW! I got 13 inches.

Green Dragon
03/16/2005, 04:11 PM
Went to Junk yard purchased five 15 inch scratched Amigo Rims for$80. Cleaned them up a bit, found Orange handcleaner does a good job.Installed my new BFG 33-10-50-15 AT KOs. Had to trim some front & back of front Wheel wells. Measured from bottom of Xfer case & found 13 inches of clearance (OME 912s & Crank T Bars)Speedometer error just under 12%

Went to test them out & wouldn't you know it some Bozo in a Blazer got right on my butt in a 20 MPH Zone. I loafed along until area cleared up & then punched it.Top out was only 95 with these tires but I separated so quickly he was WAAAAAAAY Back.

Maybe he would like to try Hells Gate?

AndyC
03/16/2005, 06:21 PM
I've been wondering if my Amigo rims would fit on my VX, I now know they would:) They are the stock Aluminum with 31x 10.5x 15 Bridgestone AT. I wonder if these would fit without cuting the plastic?

crager34
03/16/2005, 06:50 PM
I asked in another thread with no answer. What did you cut/trim your cladding with?

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
03/16/2005, 09:05 PM
A Sawzall (but dont use one of those wussy battery powered ones) or a hacksaw will do the jod real quick.

Green Dragon
03/17/2005, 06:34 AM
I've been wondering if my Amigo rims would fit on my VX, I now know they would:) They are the stock Aluminum with 31x 10.5x 15 Bridgestone AT. I wonder if these would fit without cuting the plastic?

I think they should fit without trimming. Not that it makes much difference but Look inside back of your ( Stamped) rim for offset. My Amigo Rims were 0.

The rubbing only took place at extreme turn radius.

driver3
03/17/2005, 09:02 AM
I asked in another thread with no answer. What did you cut/trim your cladding with?

I just used some wire cutters.. the plastic is soft.. I would think the sawsall is overkill and to me would seem a huge tool for the job... I bought snow chains.. didn't need the trimming till i put them on so I brought the clippers with me and did the trimming in the snow.. you could probably use a pocketknife as well...