PDA

View Full Version : "THE" cladding cleaning agent?

maxw
03/15/2005, 04:12 PM
OK guys, so with all the talk about the best technique to clean one's cladding, I stumbled across...ahhh, researched the issue and came across this product called 303 Aerospace Protectant.
It is excellent !
No hassle, no sweat and it utterly renewed the appearance of my cladding.
I found it at,

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/303aerprot.html

Just a suggestion to try it. I also purchased a number of other car care products that I also had never heard of, or spotted in the auto stores. I think you guys may enjoy wandering through.
Take care.
Max.

Anita
03/15/2005, 04:46 PM
Please let us know how it holds up to rain/washes since streaking seems to be one of the most frustrating factors to contend with.

Heraclid
03/15/2005, 05:09 PM
Thought I'd toss in a little update on my own cladding saga...

I'm a longtime user of the Meguiar's Endurance and I'm pretty happy with it, but I just tried Mother's Back to Black just in case I may like it more. Well, I do and I don't. The Mothers is not as greasy, but Meguiar's won't look greasy if done right. Application is not as easy as with Meguiar's - you need to use more of it to get an even look, and a dab of Meguiar's certainly goes farther. A bottle of Meguiar's will last WAY longer (I've not bought a second one yet, but I'm finally due). However, once you have it right, the look using the Back to Black is just as good, maybe better. I don't think one attracts dust any more than the other, and I'm still waiting to see how long it stays looking good. We're expecting rain tomorrow so I'll see how that goes, but the concensus seems to be that it holds up well and since I put it on several days ago I expect it will. What I'd like to see is how well it resists streaking right after application, because the Meguiar's needs a little time to cure before you get it wet. I'm also going to treat adjacent panels in each product next time for a side-by-side comparison.

Todd Adams
03/15/2005, 05:09 PM
303 is a very good product. You can find it at any RV store.
Todd

Heraclid
03/17/2005, 02:27 PM
Well, after a little rain, the Mother's didn't fare any better than the Meguiar's. Meguiar's has certain points where it tends to streak if it's going to. Mother's didn't have worse streaks, but it has them in a lot more places. Looks pretty good until you get close though.

thebear54
03/17/2005, 07:03 PM
Has anyone used the 303 before? It sounds almost too good to be true,,,and the price is right.
John

Joe_Black
03/17/2005, 07:24 PM
I found the real trick to the Meguiar's Endurance was to go back over the cladding with a clean cloth, like an old t-shirt, after application. Just a couple minutes to take care of the greasiness and help blend into areas missed or hit lightly during initial application.

Anita
03/17/2005, 09:43 PM
Try Zaino... it goes on E A S Y and E V E N. I have yet to find a product that prevents streaking. But this stuff really looks good on.

Heraclid
03/18/2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah Joe, that's what I meant by saying that Meguiar's won't look greasy if it's done right. I still get some streaking from the usual places and have just been touching it up. I generally do it on weekends when I know I can leave it garaged for at least a day after application, after which getting it wet isn't going to get you all the streaking. I just ran out of Meguiar's and tried Mother's Back-to-Black to see what the fuss was about. It looks just as good (I believe a bit better) initially, but it is proving to be less durable than Meguiar's. And a bottle of Mother's won't go near as far. Out of curiousity, I searched the archives to see about when I started using Meguiar's, and it appears to be around September 2003. I just ran out recently, in 2005! That was ONE bottle of it, folks, and it's not like I'm being stingy with it. The trick is using it right and maybe the fact that my VX is always garaged when I'm not at work. But it still sits out plenty too. At the rate I use it, I figure I got around 30 applications out of it. I also use a foam pad to apply it. Any cloth applicator will be more absorbent, whereas the yellow foamy ones do not and once saturated, do not require you to reapply the gel to the applicator nearly as much.