PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for those with Superchargers

Nazrat
03/13/2005, 08:17 AM
Update:

I've removed most of my commentary in this thread because they painted Alpine in a less than positive way, and Alpine didn't cause this problem. I'll post a summary shortly after the resolution.

Original suggestion:

Those of you with superchargers should keep your old intake manifolds. Due to a problem with the shop that did the initial install of my supercharger, I'm in need of the block that the EGR valve mounts to. So save those old parts, you'll never know when they will come in handy.

-Tad

Ldub
03/13/2005, 08:32 AM
Tad,
I don't know if that's "Tad luck",sounds like business as usual "Alpine style"
I had issues w/ the same part due to poor quality of the threads that were supposed to hold the block to the manifold.I fixed it by drilling out the holes & ran bolts all the way through w/ nylock nuts.Is your egr block cracked?
Just my 2 centavos...sometimes a little JB Weld or similar can work wonders,although I realise the high temp. etc. comes into play here.
Anyhoo,good luck & hope it's fixed soon, six wks. is a long time :mad:
Ldub

Maugan_VX
03/13/2005, 08:41 AM
damn Tad,

This sucks. I can't imagine being without my baby for 6 weeks. Hope you get it all resolved and if you want me to come up for a wrenching session let me know.

-Tad #2

Maugan_VX
03/13/2005, 09:41 AM
I changed my oil today.

I'm in a good mood.

Don't ruin it ;)

Ldub
03/19/2005, 11:59 AM
Tad,
Turn's out I was way off base in my earlier comments, I got dyslexified in my thinking. It was the fuel press.reg. block to fuel rail connection I had probs. with, sorry.If it'll help, I think I remember Maugan posting a link to an online machine shop some months back.

Good luck, Ldub

Hotsauce
03/19/2005, 12:22 PM
Whats wrong with the block? I had trouble with this part on my kit and was able to fix it.

I run a machine shop BTW.

John C.

Tone
03/19/2005, 01:13 PM
I have an extra - please send me your address and I will get it right out to you and then you can send me the one Alpine sends you. The vehicle will operate fine without the EGR and it could have been capped until you obtained the right part. That part comes bolted to the supercharger so the shop must have lost that bracket too. Who did you order this kit from?

Dallas4u
03/19/2005, 01:57 PM
Tad's VX was mine, so it was installed by a shop in Dallas.

Dallas4u
03/20/2005, 12:21 PM
I ordered it through John (Featherfoot) when he first started selling them (from Alpine).

Nazrat
03/20/2005, 01:02 PM
I ordered it through John (Featherfoot) when he first started selling them (from Alpine).

I stand corrected. Thanks Adam.

-Tad

Nazrat
03/21/2005, 07:06 PM
damn Tad,

This sucks. I can't imagine being without my baby for 6 weeks. Hope you get it all resolved and if you want me to come up for a wrenching session let me know.

-Tad #2

Thanks for the offer. It will probably take you longer to drive up here than it will take me to install this SC.

Contrary to popular belief, Maugan isn't the devil driving a VX. He does state his mind, but I've met him several times (including at Uwharrie a few times) and he's always been willing to help, even when it meant almost ripping the mirror off of his truck to help another Isuzu up a rain soaked hill.

I can't him from stirring the pot though. He does know what buttons to push around here some times.

-Tad

Maugan_VX
03/22/2005, 03:03 PM
even when it meant almost ripping the mirror off of his truck to help another Isuzu up a rain soaked hill.

!!!!

http://tad2.grosvenor.org/albums/UwharrieApril2004/IMG_3941.sized.jpg

(yes that is a bike hangar hook and yes this picture is a joke, Tad is actually standing behind the camera holding the strap with his hand)

Nazrat
03/22/2005, 03:07 PM
!!!!

http://tad2.grosvenor.org/albums/UwharrieApril2004/IMG_3941.sized.jpg

There's the devil himself, on the bottom end of my tow strap. What doesn't show is the rain storm that hit us about 5 minutes later. I remember that only one truck made it up that hill without the use of a strap.

-Tad