PDA

View Full Version : Interior FAN problem

StormTROOPER
03/06/2005, 12:43 AM
37,000 miles and my first problem (other than window) My interior AC fan doesn't come on sometimes until I flip the interior/exterior lever real fast, and when it's running it sounds like a 8mm film projector. Is there an easy fix? or do I need a new fan?

I_Wanna_Retire
03/06/2005, 04:40 AM
Try a search on the forum. I recently had a similar issue, and after doing a search found the easy to do instructions on how to remove the fan from under the glove compartment. I would recommend you pull the fan, and make sure there is no junk in it. If no junk, then simply order a new one and replace it. I ordered mine from http://www.isuzuparts.net/ and I believe fan was around $100. Painful cost but very easy replacement.

thebear54
03/06/2005, 04:41 AM
What you are describing here it sounds like a dry fan motor bearing problem. Icould be wrong but I had the same symptoms and noises on another car and I had to replace the motor unit. First step would be to try removing your motor and lube it(there should be a small hole near the shaft) with very lightweight oil(not engine oil). Spin it by hand a few times and then hook it back up.
Good luck....John

Edward
03/06/2005, 07:43 AM
I had the same problem it would start screaming when you hit a bump in the road and would scare the heck out of you. I replaced the $45.00 part which is located under the glove compartment and it's been fine ever since. I saw it on this site too after thinking it was my fan. zexel 12V 3600 96715

It's not the fan.. mine got where it wouldn't come one either till I replaced this part.

Hope this helps.

vettewars
05/16/2005, 11:10 AM
I replaced the fuse, but no luck, so does this mean the fan itself is shot?

Meanwhile, I've had many fans have similar problems to what you describe above, especially in trucks of seldom use, like my plow truck. I use the PB Blaster (rust disolver) that you can buy at walmart and have gotten fans that are seized from junk yards to even perform like brand new.