PDA

View Full Version : My VX replacement....

sunnylvr
03/05/2005, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Just an update on my newest family member. I sold my VX to a very happy owner in Mandeville, LA. I hope he has stopped by to see you guys. I sent him the link. My new baby is a 2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition in Pewter Pearl. I love it. Just came home today. Got it at Invoice (pre Feb 14 MSRP raise in price). 20 miles on her. I am sooo happy.

Hope this finds everyone well.

Angie

Moncha
03/05/2005, 10:17 PM
Congrats Angie.. Good to hear from ya and glad you are weel yourself. I love Hondas, that's why my wife drives a Pilot!!

Heraclid
03/06/2005, 12:58 PM
I have to admit the Pilot is a fine ride. Dad got tired of his Navigator and got interested in Chevy Tahoes. I test drove the vehicles for him because he drives with hand controls and has to have those put on after purchase. The Tahoe was pretty nice, but his RV mags mentioned the ease of towing Pilots so on a whim we checked out a Pilot. There are so many details Honda put into that vehicle that they didn't have to. It was a pretty quick and easy decision. Its better than a Tahoe in most every way. It has the smoothest tranny I've ever experienced - I just about had no clue when that thing was shifting. Someone my height cannot sit up in the third row of the larger Tahoe, but can in the smaller Pilot's third row where there's room to spare for the knees and head that wasn't there in a Tahoe. The optional nav system is great, too. I think he's at least half as proud of his Pilot as I am my VX, which is saying ALOT. :-) The only thing I don't care for is that seat belt for the second row that comes out of the ceiling. Some people don't understand why my Dad would want to go from a Navigator to a Pilot, but anyone who's driven both would probably understand.

The used car lot where I got the VX from was affiliated with Brumos, a Porsche/Mercedes/Lexus dealership. It was all nice used high-end vehicles people had traded in towards even nicer ones. The first owner of my VX turned it in for a Porsche. Despite all the nice rides they had, they had a rack they'd put one car up on, and guess what was on it. That's right, a little Isuzu I took home. :-) But maybe they just wanted to get rid of it fast because they stood to make less off of it. LOL! Anyway, I was trading in a Dodge Avenger ES, but when we rolled up in the Navigator to check out the VX, they were working it hard to get Dad to give 'em that too.

My VX came with a Brumos Porsche/Mercedes/Lexus tag frame. I work with a guy who had an old 944 at the time. He asked if I really got it from there - wondering what an Isuzu was doing there and all. I said I did, and he was impressed and obviously thought it must be something special because he'd never seen one and it came from a very upscale dealership. Then he asked why I didn't just get a Porsche, like it was probably about the same money so why not. Having had the Avenger before it, he figured that's the way I'd have gone and didn't have me pegged as the SUV type. I didn't have the heart to tell him that for whatever reason I've never been interested in any Porsche in my life, so I just said I could take it off-road or whatever. But it was interesting that when he heard where it came from he assumed it was pricey right off the bat and was nice enough that I probably could have had a pretty nice like-new Porsche for the same money. LOL! Every now and then he still asks how I'm liking it, if I've had any problems with it, and how it's doing in the rallycrosses. A lot of the folks at work seem to be expecting it to break doing rallycross, but it just won't do it. LOL! Plus people talk about how you'd never know did that to it because it's sort of a Jekyll and Hyde thing. I do a rallycross, bring it to work pretty dirty, and the next day it shows up super clean and looking like it never really gets taken off-road. :-)