View Full Version : s/c?

SGT.BATGUANO
03/04/2005, 04:25 PM
Feeling ballzy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7959027822

Here's info from seller:

Dear sgt.batguano,

You asked:
"Hello, I have many questions. Is this custom built or is it manufactured by vortech or other major vendor? Where does the unit bolt to; do any accessories need to be removed to make room for this? Does this require a custom size serpentine belt? Why did you remove it? Did it cause a blown head gasket or engine? Did you have a boost gauge and if so, what was the max. boost produced? Do you have info where to run the oil lines?"

(the reply)

"oh boy... I didn't carve it out of wood, it's made by vortech. The bracket, however, is custom made for a Rodeo. If you plan to put this in a Rodeo, you'll need to relocate your battery to the driver side. It bolts onto the block itself(timing belt cover bolts). It comes with the extra belt needed. It was removed because I traded the car into Carmax(They don't compensate for any upgrades). When it was running on the 2.5" pulley, it produced 11psi. The return line has to tap into the oil pan. the feed line T's off the oil pressure switch. Hope that helps."

VX crazy
03/04/2005, 05:54 PM
Sure it was running at 11psi on a Rodeo and the power did NOT come on until around 4K.

morgan-tec
03/04/2005, 07:54 PM
11psi huh, did this guy have any fuel mods? I sure hope so t that boost level. Looks pretty scarry to me but it is a decent price on the blower head. My powerdyne kit i am working on is only going to be 7-9psi and that will be with fuel mods. I am suprised that his motor lasted for 15k miles with this on at that much boost.

MZ-N10
03/04/2005, 10:22 PM
any ETA morgan...????
________
Medical Marijuana Card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

mbeach
03/05/2005, 12:31 AM
That "custom bracket" looks as if it were made in a Jr. High School shop class -by the dumb kids. Also, the plumbing fittings likely came from Home Depot.

I say stay away.

Hotsauce
03/05/2005, 02:46 AM
I've had centrifugal superchargers on cars. The boost is NOT steady at all, it varies directly with RPM. As RPM doubles, so does boost.

For example, if it makes 11psi at 6k, it will onlt be 5.5 at 3k. The blow off valve shown is way too small, it needs at leat a 1.5-2" throat to handle the volume of air that thing can move.

All that said, its not a bad price for what you're getting, but its going to be a science project to fit it up.

John C.

morgan-tec
03/05/2005, 11:10 AM
any ETA morgan...????
Not yet i have just been to busy to get much done. I have the basic pattern and a lot of measuring done but no machining yet.