PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator Pedal Problems

sot
03/03/2005, 07:28 AM
Last night, I felt an abrupt "click or snap" as I was pressing against the accelerator pedal. I then noticed that I had to almost floor the pedal to get up to speed on the highway! Possible linkage problem?? Anyone experience this? I made sure the floor mat wasnt crumped up. Also, the pedal when in resting position isn not even w the brake pedal. It is postioned much more deeper when in resting position.
Thanks!
Sot in St. Louis 99 blk w 52000 miles

Moncha
03/03/2005, 07:47 AM
Did your check the springs? One on the pedal and on theon the throttle itself? Make sure the cable hadn't come off of the cam at the trottle also.. Not a common problem.

sot
03/03/2005, 08:02 AM
I'll check into it. My dealer told me to pop on in and he'll take a peek.
Thanks,
Mark :)

Moncha
03/03/2005, 08:08 AM
Really good luck! ;)

sot
03/03/2005, 08:22 AM
11pm cst I'll let you know how it goes!
Thanks again for quick reply!

Edward
03/03/2005, 12:40 PM
I once had a Toyota v-8 trying to race me.. so at the light I floored it and the pedal got stuck.. I beat him bad! But luckily didn't panic, I had to shut the engine off with a red light coming up I coasted without much steering or brakes and made a turn through the intersection luckily with no one else turning right. It was a close call, got up to 90 on a tight road!!
Set there for a minute after my heart stopped pounding and reluctantly started it back up and it never happened again.. It wasn't the carpet ..I checked!

sot
03/03/2005, 01:40 PM
Well,,,,,it had nothing to do with the springs or linkage, rather,,,,,the Kenwood TV tuner the Audio shop put in was jamming the "fulcrum" (upper arm) of the pedal. Will have to relocate the tuner elsewhere. The "pop" I felt was the upper part of the pedal arm clipping the side of the tuner. Not sure where they'll be able to relocate the tuner!!