PDA

View Full Version : Rancho RS9000X shocks on sale

GOVEHIX
03/02/2005, 10:55 PM
Sam's offroad store is having the buy 3 get 1 free rancho RS9000X shocks on sale again!!
It seems like Rancho has this kind of sale every March 1st through April 30th, i heard this from another forum.
however, now you can get a set of 4 for $223.35 with free shipping .

VCrossfan
03/03/2005, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the info GOVEHIX. I ordered mine...Here's the link to the page.....

http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/rancho.htm

FernZ
03/03/2005, 08:31 AM
Finished ordering mine. :) :) :)

Catch77
03/03/2005, 10:53 AM
Same here :)

SpaceTruck'n
03/03/2005, 11:23 AM
I want your old stock shocks.
Even if they are blown.
Enyone willing to donate them for rebuilding, modding experiment.
I'll pay for shipping + the warm fuzzy of getting to know me.

:)

Truckin' ;)

Catch77
03/03/2005, 09:06 PM
Mine are in good shape. Do I get a bonus? ;)

crager34
03/04/2005, 09:31 AM
They do have a sweet feel to them. I have seen other post about the remote unit...I am wondering if has gotten better, or is it still prone to leaks.

mbeach
03/04/2005, 12:58 PM
I have seen other post about the remote unit...I am wondering if has gotten better, or is it still prone to leaks.

It leaks quitye a bit less than the old system, but it still leaks. Despite a careful install, I have a pesky guage leak on my rear circuit. I go from a 9 to a 0 in about 12-18 hours. Sometimes it's even faster (my control head is flopping around my glovebox until I finish my console fabrication), which depends on how rough the driving is that day.

The RV/camper guys online seem to be pretty well on top of this, someone has already 'decoded' Rancho's psi rating scheme (e.g, a setting of 9 = 150 psi) and many are using Dakota Digital's electronic gauges (in a pod combining their air shocks and compressor into one system). Pretty neat stuff. I'm building a new manifold (to accomodate the digital senders -already revising, hoping to find a solenoid controlled valve for pressure relief), and the air compressors themselves can be purchased pretty cheap.

In the end, I would like to have onboard air (with a truly manly compressor, not Rancho's .88cfm unit) and a storage tank, capable of both airing up my tires AND controlling my 9000s. Oh, and I don't want it to leak.