PDA

View Full Version : VX replacement?

maxw
03/02/2005, 12:19 PM
There has been lots of conjecture as to what we might get down the road when we have donated our VX's to the Smithsonian, or just placed it in the living room next to our bowling trophies to admire and polish occasionally. While I will be keeping mine, I must admit to be sorely tempted by this.

What do you guys think?

http://www.autointell.com/asian_companies/mitsubishi/mitsubishi-rpm-7000/mitsubishi-rpm-7000-concept-01.htm

Take care,
Max.

StormTROOPER
03/02/2005, 01:31 PM
I have owned 3 Mitsubishi's so I'm there, doesn't mean I have to get rid of my VX. Sleeker than the VX and love that hidden back seat door, DAM I'm drooling on my keyboard. ;) I'll call that one...Desert Storm Trooper.

redline
03/02/2005, 02:26 PM
I was wondering how the driver door opened with the exhaust there/2 doors on the passenger side 1 long on the driver side /very cool.

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
03/02/2005, 06:28 PM
I'll take one in WRX blue, with a black/grey carbon fiber hood... um... so where do I send the check? :)

But seriously I'm not crazy about the interior around the drivers seat, ie: the high center console with side mounted shifter thingy. The steering wheel looks like its kinda big too but these are just little things that I'm sure would get changed a million times before production anyway.

Heraclid
03/02/2005, 06:39 PM
Nice, but I'd go with this...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-Volkswagen-Concept-T.htm

Raque Thomas
03/02/2005, 06:58 PM
Not sure if the Mitsu will make it to the US shores (assuming it is ever made) based on this article:

Originally Posted by The Japan Times

Struggling Japanese automaker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is quietly seeking a buyer for its U.S. operations, implying the company intends to leave the world's biggest car market, the Asian Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
Mitsubishi Motors' new president, Osamu Masuko, traveled to Detroit in January to begin talks with potential buyers during the North American International Auto Show, the business daily said, citing people familiar with the matter.

Masuko was accompanied by Yasushi Ando, head of Tokyo-based investment fund Phoenix Capital Co., which holds a 21.2 percent stake in Mitsubishi Motors, the sources were quoted as saying.

Masuko and Ando met privately with several industry executives, including representatives from U.S. private equity fund Ripplewood Holdings LLC, the paper said.

Ripplewood did not show much interest in Mitsubishi Motors' U.S. operations, the sources were quoted as saying.

The talks mainly focused on Mitsubishi Motors' assembly plant in Normal, Ill., and its North American sales unit in southern California, the paper said.

If Mitsubishi Motors withdraws from the U.S. market, it would be the first major foreign automaker to do so in more than a decade, according to the daily. French auto manufacturers PSA Peugeot-Citroen SA and Renault SA, and Japanese automaker Daihatsu Motor Co. pulled out in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

LiquidVX
03/02/2005, 07:25 PM
I have ever seen. Too bad its a VW. I would buy it in that form, but after its changed to sell to the masses, I probably wouldnt buy it. I'll take the Mitsubishi.

2000 ironman
03/02/2005, 08:15 PM
you guys are nuts 1 it does not have a full frame 2 it would fold in half under impact the vx was made before its time yet it was made to last ;)

Ldub
03/02/2005, 09:01 PM
They're all good, but if I had to replace the VX with something else, I'd still want the Toyota RSC! :cool:

thebear54
03/03/2005, 03:12 AM
Those are two very sweet concepts. I just wonder if the NEW VX would look like that(IF ZoZuu had continued to make hot flashy cars).
If I ever had to retire the VX to the living room,I guess my choice would have to be the Mitsu over the VW,only because it has more doors.
My kids are always " bitchin' " about having to crawl in the back seat of my VX.
Yes, Isuzu was way ahead of it's time with the VX and if they built one today...I would be there!
John

Reg Hinnant
03/03/2005, 07:04 AM
Toyo RSC has my vote BUT all we will ever have is our VX.
If they cant produce something in large quanities for the masses, they are not interested. These vehicles are just designer exercises.
IF the Toyo TJ will have offroad balls I might be interested, IF I can get past the looks.

jim.LR>AR
03/03/2005, 09:56 AM
they spoke alot about "cross-over" car.....I got one they are still planning for the future, sounds like the past. do like the extra door and some room to the back.. But like some said this will probably never happen and I got a concept car...

cascabel3
03/03/2005, 12:05 PM
This thread makes me realize just how lucky we are to have the VX. How many people do we know that drive a vehicle of which a mere 4600 were produced. Considering this, all parts are available, the vehicle is straightforward to work on and of great quality, at the same time you are instantly famous cruising the streets.

MZ-N10
03/03/2005, 01:01 PM
im not feeling the mitsubishi 'nose' in all the new mitsu....other then tat it kinda looks like a lifted eclipse
________
teen girl Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/teen-girls/)