PDA

View Full Version : Generating a crowd...

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
02/25/2005, 06:23 PM
So I walk out of the Skate park tonight to find about 8 people walking in cricles around my VX... these things happen as you all know. I get closer, hit the remote and then it all starts, "what is it", "how much", blah blah blah. I told them I wasn't telling so they proceded to guess. 2006 GEO TRACKER!!! was the first thing to come off some guy lips... needless to say I was horrified at the remark and quickly denied it having anything to do with GEO. Then came the usual Land Rover, Jeep, BMW, Mercedes, and so on. I still can't get over the GEO remark though... wow it pissed me off, has anybody else been hit with that one? Or maybe something else that just bothered the crap outta you?

Thickness
02/25/2005, 06:46 PM
I tell people it`s the 07 Pontiac Aztec concept.

Clyde
02/25/2005, 10:23 PM
:laughy: *ROTFLMAO* at the 07 Pontiac Aztec concept reply

thebear54
02/26/2005, 06:45 AM
AREA 51 Alien Test Vehicle..... SHHHH super secret. Forget you saw it...LOL
John

Ldub
02/26/2005, 08:53 AM
I had an older (70+) lady at a garage sale come up to me and tell me in no uncertain terms, "that is the UGLIEST car I've ever seen!"...I thanked her kindly & went on my way.There have been countless other encounters with the general "normal car" public & usually, they are more positive.

mbeach
02/26/2005, 09:26 AM
I've had that ugly car comment twice -and I've only had it for a month.

I told them both (yuppies) that the ugliness was caused by their own reflections in the glass, and they should move directly in front of the vehicle for a better look.

geshaw30
02/26/2005, 09:59 AM
"Kit Car"....
&
Had a note on my windshield once that said "I hope you didn't much pay for for this"
________
LAMBORGHINI ESTOQUE SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Estoque)

Heraclid
02/26/2005, 10:02 AM
I have yet to be told it is ugly after about two years. I've been told it looks like a catfish, but the same guy said it's good-looking, so for him that's a good thing I guess. I got the shoe remark once, but detected no malice and that comment never has bothered me anyway. And everything else has been very positive. Personally I don't think most people who think it is ugly will bother to tell you so. But jealous people who have an inferiority complex and want to knock you down a peg or two probably will. Just something to keep in mind. You should learn to consider those kinds of comments to be great compliments. They know it's cool and they can't stand you for it. They want to piss you off and spread their misery around. I mean really- take this thing with the notes on the windshields. Who needs to get a life so much that they actually bother to do something like that? Don't give 'em what they want. Smile and walk away. They'll be fuming. I'd love to hear it some time. That would make my day.

mbeach
02/26/2005, 11:57 AM
When I came over from the WRX community I got a lot of flack for getting a VX. Same deal, it's ugly, etc.

I had to remind them that the WRX was not too well received in the styling circles either, and it's the inner mechanical beauty that's really important.

PUNISHER
02/26/2005, 12:41 PM
Is that the new Toyota RAV 4? NO its not !!!!! Thats all ya gotta say to piss me off. Then I tell them when and if you ever see a vehicle like this again take another guess!! Gotta go drive my RAV 4 now bye!

Thickness
02/26/2005, 12:55 PM
Just a few minutes ago,a man at the gas station driving an 05 Hyundai Santa Fe asked me what I was driving.I told him it was Next year`s Santa Fe.Boy,was he pissed he didn`t wait a year!

StormTROOPER
02/26/2005, 12:57 PM
Alot of people call the Hummer UGLY, so we are in good company. As I like to say I would much prefer ugly than "cute", in other word me loves it's rugged beast looks, so if someone calls it ugly take it as a compliment. ;) Just last week it was drizziling rain and I stopped in a Arco to add some air to one of my tires, a man approached me and started talking about the VX and how rare and sharp it is, we talked for about 5 minutes while he was also doing an auto show walk around. I had an umbrella and he didn't so I guess he liked it so much he didn't mind getting wet, some of us get it and some don't. :)

Offroad vx
02/26/2005, 02:43 PM
The people that have told me my car is ugly drive Saturns and a Hyundai sedan of some sort. At least I can tell mine apart from the other ten million cars that look alike!

Maugan_VX
02/26/2005, 07:06 PM
I don't get crowds around my car, probably because I've left all the labellings on it that people can read for themselves.

Of course I'm really not starved for attention either, and find it annoying when people get around my possessions uninvited. Step off!

coachreed
02/26/2005, 08:37 PM
I tell people it`s the 07 Pontiac Aztec concept.

One of my Jeep friends would make it a point to razz me by asking, "what is that, the Pontiac Asstec wannabee?" Well, I know he is just kidding and he likes it but whenever he tries to give ME crap, I point out that I'M not the one that got high-centered on a curb trying to cut into a parking lot! lol I mean, come on, he still had two tires on the street! lol Anyway, I have had the ugly comments AND the compliments... my favorite was in a small town in Illinois outside of St. Louis... I stopped for gas, left it at the pump when paying and going into the McDonalds that was in the gas station... well, while in line, one of the managers comes walking in with a stupid smirk on his face, grabs one of his crew members and says, "look out there at pump 9, that is the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen"... well, he got my look and then watched as I walked out and climbed into it with a big smile on my face... I don't care what anyone says (bad or good)... I eat it up! lol

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!
My Webshots Gallery... (http://community.webshots.com/user/ironmanvx2000)

mrtew
02/26/2005, 08:58 PM
My boss at work teases me by asking why I chose the VX over the Suzuki X90. He only does it because he knows it bothers me and I'd like to slam him back but he drives a Ferrari 355, the most beautiful car ever made, so there's nothing I can say.

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/x90_062303_01.jpg

Y33TREKker
02/27/2005, 10:30 AM
I've heard nothing but favorable remarks (in person) since purchasing the VX about three months ago. It's been totally debadged except for the recent addition of Anthony's titanium "VX" badge to the grill and the ISUZU emblems on the wheels, so most just seemed to be curious what it was. Before I made my purchase however, I did post pics of the VX on various message boards to find out what others thought. While most remarks online were again favorable, there were a few people who just didn't like it at all. There are always differing opinions, but by then it didn't matter, I was already hooked.

Heraclid
02/27/2005, 10:49 AM
mrtew, are you sure he's slamming you, or just acknowledging it's a real step up from the X90? Find out what the Ferrrari 355 production numbers are. Is your ride more rare? If so, bring it up. If not, you can still toss out the numbers on the VX and let him know it's also pretty exclusive.

I've spent a lot of time at the Mayo Clinic here in Jax with two different jobs over the years. Lots of docs with nice rides. I once saw a Ferrari 355 in the parking garage, and whoever it was left her purse on the front seat in plain view. Now if that isn't asking for trouble I don't know what is.

Raque Thomas
02/27/2005, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately - I find that men like the VX more than women do. As I've said on one of the other forums - it is kind of an "anti-chick magnet". My girlfriend loves this, as she gets all kinds of attention from the men when she drives it (I've only recently considered that this may be because she is better looking than me!). Actually, you know what? I don't care!! Today the GF decided to drive my VX instead of her Jeep. Now I have owned my VehiCROSS for 2 1/2 years, but you know what - I watched her back out of the driveway, and I crained my neck to watch it all the way down her street. It was almost as fulfilling as the first time I saw the VX driving down the street. I thought about the fact that I have owned this vehicle longer than any other that I have ever owned, and how I was not tired of it like every other vehicle that I have owned. I have been acussed of washing it so much that I may wash the paint off of it! If there is a cure for this - I don't want it!!

thebear54
02/28/2005, 03:53 AM
I am getting static from my daughter now about the VX, she just got her permit and wants to drive(scary thought in itself).
She TELLS me: "don't drive the VX, bring the Rodeo to work. I can't drive the VX".
It's not that she can't drive the VX....I WON'T let her!!! LOL
BTW---for some reason I love the X90. It falls into the same grouping as the VX (Rare and Different).
John

SilverBullet75
02/28/2005, 12:26 PM
A few months back, my girlfriend and I were walking into Target, here in Las Vegas. While walking, a lady standing at the entrance kept staring at us, giving us the most peculiar look. She stopped us and said: " I know what that is." "Pardon?" I replied. "It's one of those V-Cars, from Japan... My son has one. He's obsessed with some club on the computer... He's always on there, talk'n to other people who have one."

I think she said her son lived in California.

Anyone have a mother that lives here in Las Vegas?? Henderson to be exact?