View Full Version : Serpentine go POP!

WormGod
02/18/2005, 08:10 AM
So, I'm cruising up the highway last night from work at about 70mph and the most god awful slam comes from under my hood and the engine whines like there is no tomorrow. I slap on the hazards and pull over to the shoulder. I pop the hood and there are shreds of belt all over the place. Didnt take but 2 seconds to realise that my serpentine went to Jesus-land. The irony is, my VX was going in the shop this morning, haha. So, I call my buddy Tim, who drives a flatbed, and he comes and hauls my VX to the speedshop. It's a shame I couldnt get it in a day early so they could have maybe caught the bad belt. But, this morning, they popped her open and checked her out. They didnt find a single problem as far as my stalling in reverse or with the wheel turned sharp. So, I am hoping it's just cold, damp weather related with the cold air intake. It's fine when she is warmed up, so I will not worry about it so much. They also found a nail in my tire and plugged it. That just reinforces my excuse to get new tires, heh. Think I'll go with a more rugged tire this time anyways, and maybe even consider finally lifting it. Warm weather is right around the corner so it's time to plan.

xdfarrx
02/19/2005, 07:00 PM
Lucky.... nothing went to wrong. Suprising the belt broke!!??
Hopefully that problem goes away for you... Tone is flying out here in a few weeks to help redo all gaskets and HOPEFULLY get my **** straight. I am growing tired of this gasket BS-

dkmiller68
02/20/2005, 06:29 PM
how many miles did your belt have on it?