PDA

View Full Version : Back up Rearview Mirror Lcd w/ Camera

sot
02/18/2005, 03:37 AM
Greetings,
Has anyone looked into the Bravo mr-04f rearview mirror back up monitor w/ cam. Its sold off computergeeks.com web site as well as ebay. I would appreciate any feedback/comments. Sorry if this topic has already been discussed, but I've got the "itch" for a new mod!!
Thanks,
Sot

Tone
02/18/2005, 05:36 AM
I'm not familiar with Bravo but it appears to be similar to the clamp on LCD mirrors I offer. The camera looks a little big to fit correctly in the crescent and there are no low light specs.

I have seen only one complete replacement mirror with screen built in in the center. I am in the process of becoming a dealer but they are askingway too much for it at this time. Lots of choices out there but the mirror is the most intuitive place for a backup image - I have a 7" screen which works well but I still look in the mirror.

sot
02/18/2005, 08:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I'll just sit tight and wait for further updates from you. I was really close to selling my VX and buying an '05 Pathfinder. But,,,,,,,,no one else (but one dude w/ a Silver VX) has the VX here in St. Louis. So, the VX fever I have just won't go away, and now I need to take a few more Mod pills to ease my pain!
Thanks again,
Stl Sot
PS Will your potential new mirror mod w/ cam. allow for TV tuner access?

V-Twin hiCROSS
02/18/2005, 10:27 AM
Hey Sot,
There are more than two VX's in the St. Louis area. I live in St. Peters and I drive a green beast. I know that there are at least five in our Metro area. Send me an email whe you get a minute.
Neal

Tone
02/18/2005, 11:19 AM
Most all of the mirrors like this have additional inputs. Lisa and I tested a mirror/camera setup that even had a tv tuner build into it! I personally run a Panasonic CO-VAD7300U 7" screen that has FM/TV/CD/DVD/MP3 built in and is Sirius / Nvigation ready. AVIC-1s have dropped to around $1400 now and offer some gauge functions and built in Navv but I don't think TV.

Will post when new mirror/camera setup is in.