PDA

View Full Version : No Fox Shox for me!

Offroad vx
02/17/2005, 03:03 PM
I was really hoping to be the first to try Fox shox but since racing season is nearing and due to the fabrications needed to mount them I was forced to put them on the back burner for now. I have a broken shock so I needed a quick fix. I ended up getting the Rancho 9000s, and got a pretty good deal. I found fronts on Tellico 4x4 for $63 for the pair (They were ordered and never picked up) and JBCCoffroad has all their Ranchos for $66 each plus shipping. My boyfriend races for Fox and hopefully with a few wins this season I can get a free set and come fall I can get him to put them on and see how they are!

Swordy
02/19/2005, 08:26 AM
9000's are wayyy too soft, you'll spend entirely too much time on your bumpstops. The Vx doesn't have much clearance from the top of the bump stop to the axle, so it only takes a small bump to bottom it out and jolt your spine through the seat cusion.
Just my opinion.
I had doetsch build me a set of fairly stiff external reservoir shocks that make blazing down trails at high speed very comfortable, and with much better handling. I do air down the tires a bit too, which softens the ride even more.
Andy

Hotsauce
02/19/2005, 12:53 PM
Doetsch full stiff is almost softer than 9000's if thats possible.

The company is a nightmare to deal with too.

I have a brand new set of external reservoir doetschtech shocks if anyone wants a killer deal on them. 1 was on the truck for a trip around the block only.

John C.