PDA

View Full Version : Correct storage bin p/n to replace changer?

Tone
02/17/2005, 10:41 AM
Been talking with Merlin and we cannot figure out the correct part number for the storage bin that replaces the CD changer. I have the part installed in my VX but have logged 8-97129-980-0 which just came in and does NOT have the mounting tabs we need - anyone have the correct p/n? I searched but only find the name of the part and not the number. Thanks.

GoIsuzu
02/17/2005, 11:07 AM
Been talking with Merlin and we cannot figure out the correct part number for the storage bin that replaces the CD changer. I have the part installed in my VX but have logged 8-97129-980-0 which just came in and does NOT have the mounting tabs we need - anyone have the correct p/n? I searched but only find the name of the part and not the number. Thanks.

Quick and dirty way, if possible. Remove the bin installed in your VX. It should have the part number stamped on it. I'd look it up in my VehiCROSS parts cat but it's sitting on my desk at home.

Moncha
02/17/2005, 02:13 PM
Did you see this thread (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=17513&postcount=3), Tone?

Tone
02/17/2005, 04:01 PM
THANKS! We'll order that one and see. I have logged all parts I've gotten from Merlin but must have messed up on that one. I didn't search for pocket....
8-97114-757-0 Box, Frnt Consol

Tone
02/23/2005, 08:14 AM
Well great, just got an email from Merlin and that one is discontinued with NO replacement number given. Surely there is another p/n for a similar box. Anyone have any ideas?

GoIsuzu
02/23/2005, 08:28 AM
Sad but true. Discontinued part.

$11.26. I've got two available.

TechnoPope
02/23/2005, 09:44 AM
I will take both if they are still available. Look for a PM from me.

TechnoPope
02/23/2005, 10:02 AM
Tone,
I just re-read the thread and realized that you are in need of a bin. I saw this offer, got excited, and posted immediately - I have been in need of two. (On first pass I thought you said you had one already). Of course you can have first dibs on GoIsuzu's bin if for some reason I end up the first to reply to his offer.

Tone
02/23/2005, 10:13 AM
I sent him an email after reading his response asking for both and gave him a credit card number. Have not gotten a response so if you want one of them, I'd be willing to take just one. Merlin gave a me list of dealers who might also have them in stock:

TechnoPope
02/23/2005, 11:03 AM
Yes, I would like one if possible. I should finish installing one of your rearview cameras this weekend. I hope to immediately begin the installation of a new dvd receiver I recently purchased and would like the storage box to fill the changer hole. I will also call a few of these dealers and let you know what I find. Thanks for the offer.

GoIsuzu
02/23/2005, 01:32 PM
The two storage bins have been sold. I'm in the process of locating some more. We're hooked into three different parts locator services so chances are pretty good I'll find some floating around out there. Merlin has already provided a list from OE Connection of dealerships with the bins. I'll check our other two services sometime today if things slow down for a couple minutes.

NJVX
02/23/2005, 02:26 PM
I could use one of those bins also if you find more and after those who are in front of me get theirs....

Thanks,
Dean

maraaj
02/23/2005, 04:07 PM
interested as well, if more come available , just looking for one

driver3
02/23/2005, 07:51 PM
Funny... I talked to merlin this morning too... but I bought the remaining two skid plates I needed for the trooper set. I had to buy the bolts and an egr gasket from him and ended up talking to an isuzu dealer in Washington to get the plates. Great parts service from both dealers....

Just wanted to add the number for that parts dealer... no free shipping, but the plates were cheaper than st charles.
Olympia Nissan
1-800-543-8067

TechnoPope
03/14/2005, 01:48 PM
Tone, thanks for posting the dealer list you got from Merlin. I ordered and received one bin (from Memphis) and my wife will order a second for her VX. I hope you were able to get one. For those in need, each dealer on the list that I called had at least one available. In spite of my timely post/reply, an email and PM, I also never heard back from GoIsuzu.

jim.LR>AR
03/14/2005, 03:07 PM
i got one from best buy... generic.....$20....they put it in when They installed my alpine and took out the changer..

Raque Thomas
03/14/2005, 04:24 PM
Tone - read your post & looked up the part number before I realized you'd already taken care of this - - HOWEVER, I did find something interesting - a bin to replace the passenger side airbag. I think I remember reading here that someone was taking out their passenger airbag - if so, the part number is
8-97154-874-0.