PDA

View Full Version : 2006 VehiCROSS

GoIsuzu
02/17/2005, 08:55 AM
This morning I received a most interesting telephone call. A guy called and asked whether or not it was true Isuzu was bringing back the VehiCROSS in 2006. I think my heart skipped a couple beats when I heard the question, but unfortunately, haven't heard anything from corporate about the VX making a comeback.

Anita
02/17/2005, 09:03 AM
This morning I received a most interesting telephone call. A guy called and asked whether or not it was true Isuzu was bringing back the VehiCROSS in 2006. I think my heart skipped a couple beats when I heard the question, but unfortunately, haven't heard anything from corporate about the VX making a comeback.

I heard from a long-standing exec of Isuzu America say that "a new SUV" was coming out sometime in 2006. She acknowledged that much and nothing else. But I cant believe they would bring back the Vehicross as it is. Hmmmmm, 4-door? :rolleyes:

UNEVEN THOUGHTS
02/17/2005, 09:04 AM
That would be cool I guess, we'd probably be able to get parts easier. But then again I think they'd be real popular this time around and I'd hate to see them all over the place. Call me selfish but I realy enjoy being part of our little elite group.

FLBeachgirl
02/17/2005, 09:08 AM
i agree, i kinda like being the one of the only ones in my area with one, but it would be interesting to see the changes made to it! but i love my '01!!!!

jim.LR>AR
02/17/2005, 09:40 AM
I don't want to see them everwher either. like the avalanches a couple years ago now the yukans and tahoes. The vehicross deserves better than a soccermom rep. The only good thing would be hopefully it remains sporty.
they seem to like "too big and gas guzzling road hogs they can't park".

t2p
02/17/2005, 09:48 AM
I don't think you have to worry about the VX resurfacing ........
it aint gonna happen ......
there was a small market for it in the late 90's .... and even smaller now .....

GoIsuzu
02/17/2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the link, deermagnet.

Yeah, asking if Isuzu was bringing back the VX was not a question I had ever anticipated hearing. The SUV is for-sure dead in the water for 2006. We've got the trucks coming in July this year, but that's it for 2005/2006.

The Colorado really isn't anything more than a rebadged Isuzu. Granted, they're produced by GM, but 80% of the devolpment and design was done by Isuzu. Isuzu pulled out of the project, and GM finished it up solo. Isuzu's involvement made the Colorado such a great truck.

It's about time that Isuzu got back into the truck market, IMHO.