PDA

View Full Version : I need some info/help

Dumke
02/14/2005, 06:55 PM
Long time reader first time poster.........

I am looking to start a project in the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone have the dimensions inside and out of the Vehicross. Also If possible get some pictures of each part inside and out... Will probably take me a year or so to fiish project and dont want to spoil it will have to be a suprise for all.....

Oh and I dotn own a VX yet... loking to buy one withing the next year

If you could please email this information to me it would be much apreciated.
Dumke52@sbcglobal.net

Also like to state that I love the new site.

SPAZZ
02/14/2005, 09:03 PM
you aren't VXKing, are you??? you write and sound just like him...just wondering if it is you and you had regestered as another user to hide your identity?

Dumke
02/14/2005, 09:47 PM
LOL no i am not him I am me, I am new to the boards been looking @ em for awhile, I am wanting to do a project hopefully will eb complete b4 i purchase my VX.

But if me getting some info then i will be whom ever u want... VXKING, a monkey in a bottle, or a clown in a dog suit....... so i guess just let me know :p

coachreed
02/15/2005, 04:31 AM
Who was it that was doing the 3D computer model of the vx? If you go looking in the galleries, you will be able to find lots of good pictures to go with... but I'm not sure whether or not you'll find enough dimensional numbers for everything on the VX to do you any good... then again, I don't know what your doing. The VX has sooo many curves and contours that you need to have one on hand for the details... so I say you just go out and BUY one of your own! TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!
My Webshots Gallery... (http://community.webshots.com/user/ironmanvx2000)

AlaskaVX
02/15/2005, 11:33 AM
you aren't VXKing, are you??? you write and sound just like him...just wondering if it is you and you had regestered as another user to hide your identity?
HAHAHA I thought the exact same thing!

As for the dimensions we would need to know what you are doing or know what dimensions you need before anyone can help you.

Dumke
02/15/2005, 02:37 PM
OK i guess you have forced my hand. I am looking into doing a life size Vehicross out of lego's yes i know it will take awhile but I figured why not, and ya i guess randy is right I am prolly going to need one hand which is fine then I will ahwev to wait. I know it will be teadous but I like the curves of the vehicross and I have liked the VX since it came out so what better way.

thank you again.

AlaskaVX
02/15/2005, 02:47 PM
Your crazy but I really want to see it!
Here is a very rough start....

Wheelbase 91.8 in.

Overall length (including spare tire) 162.6 in.

Overall width 70.5 in.

Overall height 66.9 in.

Track, front/rear 59.6/59.8 in.

Ground Clearance (minimum at differential) 8.4 in.

Angle of approach 34 Deg.

Angle of departure 30 Deg.

Frame-to-ground 9.9 in.