PDA

View Full Version : Look what I bought today, Joe B.

Kalik
02/07/2005, 03:47 PM
Hey Joe after going to a few of your Rally events. I was tempted to get myself in a VX quick. I was looking for a VX at a NICE price and a sweet deal. I couldnt contain my urges for a rare limited Isuzu, after I went home for New Years and was riding around in my bro's Bighorn turbo diesel. I decided I would have to get something soon. Well I was also looking for a rallyx / autox / project car. So today I bought this: http://www.cardomain.com/id/jim99
Will bring it out to your next rallyx, not sure if it will be ready to run on the course though. Now I have one rare Isuzu, hope soon to buy another. I know you had a JR model previously, if you have any info on the JI models let me know. As I am currently scouring the web for all info on the Isuzu RS, Gemini Irmsher and Lotus Elan. Also if a VX is out there that you think Id like, pm me. See you around.

Heraclid
02/07/2005, 04:31 PM
I like it - nice going! That ought to be a really fun rally car, and it's going to be great to see another Isuzu get out there and represent!

Kalik
02/07/2005, 05:28 PM
Yep and the Awd Turbo Impulse only had 800 to 1,000 imported. Why didn't Isuzu import or promote there vehicles better during the nineties? Was GM really that tough on them.

Heraclid
02/07/2005, 06:33 PM
I've never seen one in person like what you just bought, although I've seen many of the similar Geo Storm variant. Everything I know about the recent state of GM/Isuzu relations I've learned from Joe, and he could probably tell you more about anything further back like that.

Joe_Black
02/07/2005, 08:24 PM
Awesome! When I was shopping for more XR4Ti's the temptation to go 100% Isuzu was hard to resist, especially since I came across two of the AWD turbos like yours. The JR is still near-n-dear to my heart though, as it's what earned the respect and admiration I now have for the marque.

I don't have any info though, as I was pretty despondent at that time over Isuzu being so restrained by GM that the 4200R was cancelled. I held off replacing my '84 Impulse with an '88 just so I could order one! So when they introduced a front-drive Impulse as a replacement I jumped ship and lived in FIAT land for the next ten years.

Well, now that you've got a potential Subaru-killer all you need is a light-weight aluminum trailer so you can haul it to rallies with the VX you're going to get soon. :bgwg: