PDA

View Full Version : I think I annoyed my neighbor

Heraclid
02/05/2005, 12:59 PM
Well, it's a gorgeous day in Jacksonville and the folks in town for the Super Bowl oughta be happy with the weather finally. Taking advantage of this turn for the better, I pulled the VX out of the garage to wash it and go over a few places with the clay bar. Apparently I was too caught up in the moment - looking at my VX and all, you know how it is - and it took me a bit to notice that the poor guy across the street has a guy over looking at the car he's been trying to sell. Only the prospective buyer seems to be looking at mine more than his. I thought he was going to come over and ask me about it because he clearly liked the VX, but he didn't come over. Apparently he's looking for a used car, and he probably assumed mine was new like so many do. :-)

By the way, anyone get any new interesting comments lately? A couple of days back I had a guy tell me the VX looks like a catfish. I'm actually not all that surprised that someone might think so (it's even crossed my mind before), but it's just one of those things I'd never expect to hear. That's ok - I got the impression that he actually thinks catfish look pretty cool, and he followed up by asking if it was 4WD, said it was nice, and that he'd never seen one before. I have always thought my mom's 3000GT looked kinda fishy or reptilian, and I think it bears some resemblance to the VX, so I can kinda see his point.

thebear54
02/05/2005, 07:07 PM
LOL...well you know Dave some cars do attract a little more attention than others...the VX just happens to be one of those that does.
Nothing against your neighbor's car...but yours looked better
John :cool:

Flyingarmy
02/06/2005, 06:23 PM
Great story...about what someone has called my VX. Well a friend keeps refering to it as my tennishoe on steroids. She obviously knows it power...but I don't know about the tennisshoe part!

Jonnie
02/06/2005, 07:21 PM
Great story...about what someone has called my VX. Well a friend keeps refering to it as my tennishoe on steroids. She obviously knows it power...but I don't know about the tennisshoe part!

Mine gets called the Lunar Rover.....

Jon