PDA

View Full Version : Turning Issue

ojmagg
03/05/2003, 09:31 AM
Yesterday, while pulling into a parking spot, I felt a strange vibration while turning ( almost like the tire was flat and was rolling off the rim ). It only happens at low speed while turning. I'm thinking that it might be a joint issue, but he boots on all the joints are good and the car only has 11000 miles on it so...

Anybody delt with a similar issue?

andy454
03/05/2003, 11:11 AM
Are all the lights on the tod off when this happens? They should go off near 5mph. This allows for turning. If the 4x4 is still engauged it will cause binding in the front drive train.

Joe_Black
03/05/2003, 11:12 AM
You may be feeling the limited slip binding. This is common on the short wheelbase vehicles, both my VX and Trooper RS do this. Of course, it always pays to have a good crawl under the VX from time to time just to see if anything is amiss!

Daver
03/05/2003, 07:13 PM
My typhoon did that for a while. Re-balancing the front propshaft fixed that one. That was a common problem with those trucks, though, and definitely not a fix you'd want to try first.

-Daver

Baxman
03/05/2003, 07:42 PM
I would test it by driving a slow tight circle in the dirt. If the inside rear tire spins intermittantly while doing the loop (as it would normally do in 4-low), power is inappropriately split 50/50.

VX1
03/05/2003, 08:19 PM
My tires do that anyway if they DON'T have enough pressure in them, but also, did that all the time before I had my transfer case replaced. If yours doesn't shift smoothly into 4 wheel drive every time, that could be the problem.

ojmagg
03/06/2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the input, everyone. It happens when when I'm going under 5 mph, uncarrage looks OK, guess its binding...it's only happned 3x in 4 months...I keep a close eye on it.