PDA

View Full Version : Busted at Work

ISCE
02/03/2005, 08:01 AM
Well, I guess it was bound to happen. Don't know what the big deal is, I was parked completely fine. Yesterday morning after being at work for maybe an hour I was paged and asked to remove the vehicle from the snow. Something about customers visiting our facility and they didn't think this was appropriate.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/134WorkVX1.jpg

I didn't even know anyone had taken a picture. I guess there was quite a group of people watching from the window, and someone took a pic of me having to take it down too.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/134WorkVX2.jpg

It was great, as I was leaving to go home I had a following of people who couldn't understand how I got up there, so I went up a few times so they could see. There are now a few more VX lovers out there.

Nearly 3 years of ownership and STILL loving the VX like the day I got it!

Jay

PS: could I cause any permanent damage leaving it parked this way for an extended period of time?

Cyrk
02/03/2005, 08:04 AM
That is GREAT!!!

nyc #1 ironman
02/03/2005, 08:16 AM
They were just "jealous" bro,,,,lololololololol

Sheik-YurBooty
02/03/2005, 08:26 AM
Just plain "OUT of SIGHT" :)

TechnoPope
02/03/2005, 08:30 AM
If you abuse your VX that way, your drink may fall out of the poorly designed square cupholder. :rolleyes: ;)

Anita
02/03/2005, 08:37 AM
If you abuse your VX that way, your drink may fall out of the poorly designed square cupholder. :rolleyes: ;)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

Raque Thomas
02/03/2005, 10:26 AM
PS: could I cause any permanent damage leaving it parked this way for an extended period of time?

Only to your head as you fall out of the door once it is openned!! Great shot!

AlaskaVX
02/03/2005, 10:30 AM
Great parking job! I park like that everyday! Just be sure that if you park your passenger side up on the bank that you have plenty of gas. Unfortunately I had to have a co-worker push me off the berm so it could start (had about 1/8th a tank)

Tell them you were just leaving an extra spot open. :)

ISCE
02/03/2005, 10:45 AM
I did have a full take of gas, and didn't have any problems. I've parked like that before but never thought about possible damage. Some guys at work were saying I could break my rear axle because all the weight was on it and it wasn't meant to sit like that... :confused:

Ok, if you say so... was my only reply, it just wasn't worth getting into it with them.

johnnyapollo
02/03/2005, 11:02 AM
Like it gets heavier as it's sitting there? Kinda stupid. If the VX was gonna break it would already have done so - sitting for some length of time doesn't change the state or forces of gravity bearing down on the truck. Now if the moon left its orbit and created some type of gravitational change, it could potentially cause an issue - of if when pulling it up there the truck was on the verge of breaking, the wind could push it over the edge - but that doesn't seem very likely to me.

Make sure you tell those guys from me that they're idiots. :p

-- John

AlaskaVX
02/03/2005, 11:02 AM
Just make sure your using your parking brake and you should be fine

Maugan_VX
02/03/2005, 01:45 PM
be careful if the temperature changes. Half that snowpack could disintegrate, causing the whole thing to roll over. GREAT shot though, really shows the departure angle :)

NC_VX
02/03/2005, 01:46 PM
Thats a great pick ISCE. Is it just the picture, or is your bumper nearly rubbing the pavement! If so, damn thats very verticlE!!!

ISCE
02/03/2005, 02:25 PM
I wish I would have gotten a side shot, the rear is a couple of inches from the ground :) The hill was literally the perfect angle.

It was kinda funny, I got up there before I realized I couldn't open the back to get my laptop, so I had go back down to get my bag out first.

cascabel3
02/03/2005, 03:02 PM
I showed this to the owner of my company and we both laughed our butts off. How hilarious is that? :-):-):-)

I loved the line "it was bound to happen"

Thanks for making my day.

StormTROOPER
02/03/2005, 03:13 PM
Man, some people just have no appreciation for art, at least you got a pic of it for those of us that do. ;) Good work!

coachreed
02/03/2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah... that totally kicks arse... I did that every snow of the first winter before I blew the motor up on my '00... maybe they nay-sayers are right... maybe my motor blew because I was parking mine on snow pack like that... only I was facing down... probably kept the oil away from the pick-up and so I spun a bearing! lol Now I know it was my fault... 'cuz I was showin' off! I always liked backing up those banks though... something about the weight distribution of the VX... they climb even better in reverse than they do forward... and I know for a fact that they climb like animals going forward... the other day, when I first got my '01, I drove to a job site and there was a huge pile of dirt from excavation for the foundation of this house... one of my co-workers said there was no way I could even approach the dirt pile without ripping my "ground affects" (his words for the cladding, not mine) off... well, not only did I get all fours on the pile, I nearly drove over it... only thing that stopped me was that they were still my all-season stock crap tires... the next day when I showed up with my terra grapplers on, he was sure I coulda drove right over now. And as for not looking right for customers... we were wiring a house for one of our larger builders... and he was out there eggin' me on... so screw them people who don't think it looks professional... have fun! OK, I rambled on enough... gotta go! Later!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!
My Webshots Gallery... (http://community.webshots.com/user/ironmanvx2000)
'01 Kaiser VX #0946... man I'm sick... can't have just one!

thebear54
02/04/2005, 04:22 AM
Photos are great!! :p Why can't you have a little fun at work....LOL
I guess the boss was mad just because he didn't own a VX.... :)
John

nater
02/04/2005, 10:21 PM
Way cool parking job. Maybe it would have looked better on TOP of the pile of snow. ;-)

As far as parking like that, there is something to consider; it's the oil sump location in the oil pan. I don't know what the VX looks like as far as the shape of the pan, but at point the oil might not be at the point of pickup to feed the engine. (Typically this is a rare problem, but it is devastating).

If you really like funky angles, you can get a "dry sump" oiling system that guarantees oil at all angles.

Nate

Heraclid
02/05/2005, 06:22 AM
I wanna see that Mini Cooper in the foreground do that! :-)

ISCE
02/05/2005, 09:45 AM
The Mini Cooper IS my boses ride! We always joke about our vehicles being completely opposites, just like the both of us. He is a fast driver, been with him in the cooper; has SC and is very fast and nimble, but that's what you should expect from a car that probably weights about as much as my tires?

I would race with him, I have a little trail that includes some very minor off roading, but he won't take me up on it. I will even offer to do 2 runs: he picks one and I pick the other, we will combine the times and see who comes out on top. I figure I could do 80-90% of what he can on the street, and he can do less than 10% of what I can do off road.

Glad everyone enjoyed the story and pics.

Jay

StormTROOPER
02/05/2005, 02:33 PM
Now we know why....the Mini Cooper became MINISCULE next to the VX in that pose. :p I had the same urge, but in sunny California the only thing I could drive up on is that 6 inch concrete parking spot stopper, and that just wouldn't have the same effect. :) P.S. VX and MC not so opposite, I would call the VX the Mini Cooper of 4x4 SUVs. ;)

mrtew
02/05/2005, 05:35 PM
be careful if the temperature changes. Half that snowpack could disintegrate, causing the whole thing to roll over.

That's what I always worry about... either that or coming out and finding my VX so sunk in that it won't come out till spring.

BlackVX
02/07/2005, 09:50 AM
That's great! Too funny :)