PDA

View Full Version : How To Remove door Panel

james1_10018
02/02/2005, 06:31 PM
Could someone please post instructions on how to remove door panels.
I want to put dynamat and new speakers

Thx

James

thebear54
02/02/2005, 06:39 PM
Piece of cake James.
remove all scews from the handles,door latches and the rest of the connections are snap locks which can be pried off carefully. The whole thing comes off in one piece.
John

Tone
02/02/2005, 06:49 PM
Split the door handle by lifting at the front around the window switches and when clear of the door, pull slightly towards the front of the car - do not pull by the rear of the handle as there is a little tab that can break and the handle will not go back together. Squeeze the ends of the 2 connectors and unplug the 2 wire connections and set the handle aside.

Remove the 2 large Phillips head screws behind the door handle.

Remove the single phillips screw in the door release cup and pull out of the door panel.

Remove the plastic cover plug on the tweeter pods with a small flat head screwdriver or Xacto and then remove the phiilips screw. Then lift the pod back and out and unplug the leads to the tweeter.

Pulling the door panel is a little scary as it makes a loud noise as it does take a relatively hard pull to get the christmas tree fasteners out. There are tools for this but in the 10 plus times I have been in my doors, not one has broken. Start at the rear of the door, grab the door panel where you can get your fingers between the panel and the metal door and pull sharply straight out no more than about an inch or 2. Continue across the bottom edge of the panel and then halfway up each side.

When all fasteners are free, you will need to lift the panel straight up to clear the door lock button and lip of the panel. You can thread the lock mechanism through the opening in the door or slide it off the rod.

Assemble in reverse. Should take about 15-20 minutes at most.