PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mustang GT review

Maugan_VX
02/02/2005, 05:09 PM
My buddy just got a 2005 Mustang GT this week. Last night I was able to go for a ride and a bit of a drive in it.

First impressions, lots of muscule, obviously. You push the gas, it goes. It also sounds pretty good, although not as deep as the ole LT1's that I loved so much in the mid-90's.

Seats: "Pleather" or at least felt like it. Mushy, not firm, but has a deeper bucket than our recaros.

Interior: Tons of plastic of course, same interior components as a F150 (vent louvres come to mind first and foremost) and generally a cheap feeling.
The doors felt amazingly fragile. I threw the door shut and felt like it was going to come off the side of the car.

Styling: Well, you can't really deny that the car looks pretty good. They did a decent job with the retro styling. I like the way it looks except for the cheap-***-looking tail-lights.

Fast and fun though. The ride is actually quite softer than the VX. But I'm sorry supercharged boys, it'll still beat ya ;)

AlaskaVX
02/02/2005, 05:23 PM
THE VX CAN NEVVAAA LOOSE! Let's race, you pick the time I pick the place ;)

Maugan_VX
02/02/2005, 05:39 PM
I kept tellin him that I'd beat him in the turnies :P

He said

"maybe on gravel!"

VXMAN
02/02/2005, 06:45 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey, be nice now! I was a faithful member & owner for 4 years and I sold my baby, just to get a 2005 Mustang GT & I go get her tomorrow! I will post pictures after I get back. I'm flying to NY with the wife and driving over 400+ miles home! I feel like I did the day before I was to pickup my new VX. Just like a kid, waiting for xmas morning to arrive :clap:

Dave...

Maugan_VX
02/03/2005, 07:39 AM
don't worry vxman, I still like the car ;)

nyc #1 ironman
02/03/2005, 08:19 AM
what did u get for your truck? what year was it? how many miles did it have?

VXMAN
02/05/2005, 06:57 PM
what did u get for your truck? what year was it? how many miles did it have?
Well, I got what I asked for, $10,500 with 61,000 on it. It was a 2000 Kaiser Silver and babied to death. I know Darrin will take good care of it and will enjoy it for years to come.

Now, back to the Mustang GT. Well, I'm home from my 500 mile trip, in my brand new 2005 Mustang GT. Not really sure about some of the comments that Maugan_VX said, because I love the inside. I think the seats are Great, not mushy at all? The doors felt solid to me too? Maybe now that I'm a owner, I'm bias too, but I have NO REGRETS about selling my VX to get the GT. I loved my VX and if my VX had this kind of power, I'd still have it. Style wise, this is the 1st year Mustang GT I have even looked twice at. Everything from about 1976 on to 2004, has not impressed me. Now the 2005, is a whole nother story! This car looks like a 66-67 to me! Plus, this year's Mustang sits on a Jaguar frame, so it's 6" longer and looks alot bigger than last years model. So, here are a few picture of my new baby.
Thanks for letting me hang around in here. I still come in here alot and read most post. If I feel I can ever give anyone some VX input, I will, if ya'll don't mind? After 4 years of driving my VX, I know alot about it.
Thanks and take care all.

Dave...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/21Mygt1.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/21mygt2.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/21mygt4.JPG