PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Anita
02/01/2005, 03:13 PM
The site seems to be pretty slow today so I thought I would throw out a question:

What would you do to your VX if you had unlimited funds designated just for that purpose?

My answer: sunroof, rearview camera, GPS, state of the art sound system, voice command to prompt everything from stereo, to windows, locks, lights... etc. etc. , redesign of the console to incorporate built in screen and get a more futuristic style to it. New wheels.. bigger tires, either a billet or mesh front grill that can be interchanged easily without affecting the orginal grill....(thinking of more)

jim.LR>AR
02/01/2005, 04:01 PM
lambo doors for sure.
:cool:

Dallas4u
02/01/2005, 04:31 PM
Let's play like I still have my VX. I'd say definitely chop the top and make it a "roadster"... losing the rear seats but keeping trunk space. No convertible top, but a rear that curves up behind the seats... like the VX-O2.

I would also go for a more modern dash integrating a monitor and GPS system.

AlaskaVX
02/01/2005, 04:48 PM
SAS, "super long coil springs" that stick into the body in rear and out the hood up front (as seen on rock crawlers/Baja racing applications), red-orange-yellow color changing paint, 36" boggers, powerful diesel, snorkel.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/01/2005, 05:17 PM
Pay someone to design and build a full-face grille-guard like the defunct trailready design & add exo-skeleton tubing that complements the exterior with a mild suspension lift and off-road tires & wheels so that the VX looks like it belongs on safari in Jurrassic Park! Then I would buy some ghost-busting equipment and put the Ghostbusters symbol on my doors and hire myself out to investigate hauntings in my spare time with my version of the Ecto-1!

mbeach
02/01/2005, 05:37 PM
Put in a V8 (Northstar maybe?) and fix my passenger door.

Heraclid
02/01/2005, 05:39 PM
all new beast of an engine, supercharged, with a new tranny to handle it, dual side-discharge exhaust

custom wheels

top-notch fully adjustable suspension setup

very custom paint job

internal roll cage

5-point racing seats, rear seat would come out

full skidplate package

additional lights

one of the new headlight systems that reads steering input and points the beams accordingly

hood w/hoodpins, and the hood insert area would be clear to show off what's
under the hood

rear camera

rubberized floor, no carpet

four-wheel steering

steering wheel would go, replaced by throttle and stick controls like in a jet fighter

HUD display showing speed, direction, altimeter, outside/inside temp and other pertinent info in the windshield

window glass that could go anywhere from full clear to totally black at the touch of a button.

it would shoot steam from the front and flames from the back

Raque Thomas
02/01/2005, 05:40 PM
Most people would probably get rid of theirs if money were TRULY no object. I've thought about this though, I would definitely keep mine. Mooncraft body kit (modified to get rid of some of the "overdone" elements), new paint all around, Cyrk's wheels (money's no object - I'm sure there is an offer he wouldn't refuse :p), carbon fiber half moon on back, hopped up engine with supercharger (300+hp target), beefed up drive line, custom Bose street suspension, dual exhaust terminating through the cladding, custom restyled dash and console to fit the uniqueness of the VX, replace rear seats with recaro buckets like the front and make the console run all the way back, (I don't need the storage ability anymore)new leather throughout, cover every plastic piece inside with leather, replace the fake carbon fiber on the door panels with real CF, all of Tone's and Ron's products (that don't conflict with the other mods), a glass roof like the Jurassic Park Explorers, a rear wing from the Japanese VX, custom made Altezza taillights, HID headlights, a navigation system, keyless entry door pad from Ford product, CF door pillars, killer sound system, TV screens with Playstation and DVD, etc. etc, etc. oh, and rocket launchers ;)

MZ-N10
02/01/2005, 07:09 PM
first off....i would remake the whole car in CF
drop in a 20B motor with all the works for a healthy 900+whp
coilovers, replace all the seats with bride zetaIII
then TV screens behind the 2 front seats and 2 on the dash...ps2/xbox/pc/etc....
navigation, keyless entry system like on a prius, m3 door handles...13" brakes, 19" SF CHALLENGE(6lugs).......and on and on....
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

johnnyapollo
02/01/2005, 07:50 PM
I would buy a shell and attempt to recreate the prototype, with carbon fiber gas tank and floors, functional split rear door, binnicle dash with pop-up TFT screens and skinny tires. I'd put a 2.2 L Turbo under the hood and keep the weight around 3K - now that would be both a fun and challenging project!

-- John

thebear54
02/02/2005, 05:40 AM
HMMMM..... trade my IronMan, bank account and my first born for the VX-o2 Prototype :p
John

Joe_Black
02/02/2005, 06:07 AM
Hmmm... after getting one of each US color I'd get an additional Iron Man for use as a rally beast. It'd get the following:

Entire drivetrain removed and replaced by custom double a-arm suspension at all four corners with coilovers. A turboshaft engine would be under the hood driving a high-output DC genset. Coupled with a FADEC it would drive four high-torque, oil-cooled and planetary geared electric motors driving each wheel directly at each hub.

No transmission, all-wheel drive, increased ground clearance, lighter weight and all accompanied by the howling shriek of the turbine! UBER VX! Muwhahahaha!

Oh, and it'd run on 100% Ethanol to make up for all the environment it'd be tearing up. :bgwg:

Ldub
02/02/2005, 08:22 AM
Strip it down to the frame & fab up a new frame out of aluminium,rebuild from the ground up replacing everything possible with C/F,aluminium,or titanium.Portmatch & polish all intake,balance & blueprint engine,racing seats w/ 6 point harness,c/f hood,etc.etc.etc.

GoIsuzu
02/02/2005, 08:39 AM
DashPC for starters. It's one of the first things to go into any vehicle I buy for myself. Minimum 7" touch-screen, with the system loaded up with GPS navigation software, sound system, and wireless internet connectivity. If software is available for live performance/diagnostics, that as well. If not, you can usually find someone who can work it up but it costs some bucks, and not a few.

Most sound software applications are far superior to regular head units, not to mention the storage space when you're working with a 80 to 160 gig hard drive versus a CD player/changer. My old toy could take me from coast to coast and back again without ever listening to the same song and without ever having to load CDs. When you have a selection of about 2,000 songs at your fingertips, and it sounds as good as any "professional" system, that's a stereo for me.

Next would probably be lift, tires, rims, and all the "hey look at me" exterior accessories that I could find. Not that the VehiCROSS doesn't yell "look at me" stock -- it tends to stand out in the crowd on its own.

Got a couple leads on different ones yesterday and this morning. I'm off to chase them down. I've *GOT* to have one of these things!

StormTROOPER
02/02/2005, 12:45 PM
GO FURTHER......anytime, anyplace.....hover conversion, gullwing doors, and a flux-capacitor, so this would really be the back to the future 4x4. ;) ......seriously though..everything Anita said plus the drivetrain and adjustable(convertable) suspension of the Cayenne. (as long as were fantasizing) :cool:

wekilled
02/02/2005, 07:39 PM
-Black diamond plate rubber matting interior
-T-Tops
-Overhead center console
-dry ice would pour out when I open the ramp style doors
-dangerously fast electric windows (like a switchblade)
-all interior lights would be black light
-all "fonts" on guages/exterior would be futuristic and industrial
-it would be an aqua-car or sub
-as per everyone else the latest TV, HUD, GPS, night vision, radar jamming
-captains chairs ..same seats, just swivels
-a bigger engine so I could armor it with kevlar
-adjustable suspension
-a better dash, more organic and industrial looking
-really beefy full brushguard and tube taillight guards
-dual exhaust