PDA

View Full Version : XM interface via cd to receiver wires?

MrCrowley
01/31/2005, 10:07 AM
Well, I have finally done away with FM. I just bought a roadie II XM satellite radio. :jump: woohoo! Love it. I know the FM transmitter isnt as good as the cassette insert. Luckily the stock VX system has a use. If i wiggle the cassette insert a little it changes the way the left channel sounds. I would love to be able to use the RCA input like I do at my house as it is far superior to either one. But alas, the proprietary stereo market wont allow that. My idea is to cut the wire from the cassette and wire it into the input from the stock cd changer to the receiver as the stock cd player is problem prone anyways and wont be used anymore with the new XM setup. Has anyone tried to hotwire an input signal into their stock receiver? :wtfg: I would like to know before I start chopping. If no one has, and Im successful, Ill post pics and wire info. Anybody have any specs?

Joe_Black
01/31/2005, 10:29 AM
Just use this: Auxiliary Input Converter (http://www.pie.net/aux_toyota.htm)

MrCrowley
01/31/2005, 12:14 PM
Way cool. Thanks Joe. If I am not mistaken, this device will allow me to actually connect the better RCA plugs from my XM to the stock deck. Now let me figure out how to install the XM into the bottom DIN. This will work until I buy an XM head unit and pass this auxillary mount one to the wife. Yeah maybe in 2 years. It took this long to just get sattelite radio LOL

Thanks!

Joe_Black
01/31/2005, 02:34 PM
Glad to help! I don't know what kinda docking cradle the RoadyII has, but I made some slight modifications to the cradle for my portable SIRIUS tuner and mounted it to the front-left of the ECU cover. All the wiring is hidden and I can see and reach the tuner very easily. In the IronMan I've got easy access to the cubby which I replaced the changer with, and in the Dragon I can change CD's with no interference. I'll post some pics if you're interested. Quick and easy install, plus you can order a replacment ECU cover to keep on-hand in case you want to change it back. ;)