PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the part number

Amack76
01/30/2005, 06:44 PM
does anyone know the part number for the cubby hold that fits where the stock cd changer is, ive seen it on here b4 and can't find it

Dallas4u
01/30/2005, 07:06 PM
I believe it is 89711-47570, labeled as the Trooper Instrument Panel Components Pocket.

CSTYLES
01/30/2005, 07:11 PM
Storage box IS available to replace the area where the changer resided and has not been discontinued nor will it by for a few more years as it fits up to 2003 Isuzu products. p/n is 8-97129-980-0 and St Charles will sell to us for little more than $10 w/ free shipping. Toll Free: 800-727-8066

Found this hope it helps.

Dallas4u
01/30/2005, 07:19 PM
Seems 897129-9800 has the same description but fits 98-02 Trooper, and 89711-47570 fits 95-97 Trooper.

I'd go with the 98-02 (897129-9800) item. I remember I replaced mine 4 or so years ago... but I can't remember which parts number I used.

Tone
01/31/2005, 08:21 AM
Both fit

Offroad vx
01/31/2005, 10:12 AM
You guys read my mind, I'm yanking my cd changer which is packed with the previous owner's cd on Wed. and planned to make that a storage area!
Plus this will be my first mod - Pioneer 8600 cd player!

joe-yamma
03/30/2005, 06:26 PM
I got the cubby replacement for cd changer part # 8-97129-980-0 from St. Charles and installed it tonight, but it doesn't seem to fit correctly :confused:
I used the brackets from the CD changer and pushed the plastic pegs into the holes on the bracket and then screwed in the brackets... is this incorrect?
The box holds firms, but there is a gap between the front of the box and the trim.
Please help.

Moncha
03/30/2005, 06:40 PM
NOT being smart, could itbe upside down?

AnalogVX
03/30/2005, 06:51 PM
I don't remember using any brackets when I installed mine. It just bolted right up to where the CD changer was and the trim snapped back on around it.

joe-yamma
03/30/2005, 08:43 PM
thanks Moncha, but I tried flipping it over and it is the same.

AnalogVX - that may be the answer... I had to use the CD Changer brackets with mine... maybe they sent me the wrong one. :(

joe-yamma
03/31/2005, 07:15 AM
I just talked with Merlin and from what he sees, the box doesn't come with brackets, etc. :confused:
Would anyone be willing to take a pic of their cubby and send it to me for comparison?

Tone
03/31/2005, 11:28 AM
One on right is correct and mounts fine - left one might be able to take CD brackets....

joe-yamma
03/31/2005, 12:16 PM
thanks Tone... i got the box on the left and used the brackets from the CD changer.
i inserted the two plastic "pegs" on each side of the box into the holes that were used on the cd brackets to bolt them onto the CD changer (the holes lined up perfectly).

this resulted in the box mounting firmly, but the front of the box is approx 3/8" from the back of the trim leaving a gap.

i could probably drill new holes in the CD changer brackets to accomodate the plastic pegs, but i wanted to see what everyone else used.

is that box on the right the old part number that was discontinued or can i still get it?

joe

ps - i will take a pic of my box and mounting tonight

joe-yamma
04/04/2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't had a chance to take a pic on fmy cubby box, but it is exactly like the one on the left in Tone's picture above.
Has anyone had any luck mounting this style of box?

Is the other box (8-97114-757-0) still available? It says "Part Discontinued" on my invoice from St Charles.

I was thinking of checking to see if it is stil available from St Charles or one of the other Isuzu parts places before I start drilling and modifying the CD changer brackets.

GoIsuzu
04/05/2005, 10:17 AM
Part 8-97114-757-0 is discontinued. No stocking dealer listed on our dealer to dealer parts locator, so all I can add to this thread is a good luck finding one.

joe-yamma
04/05/2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks man, that at least answers that question. :(

Now, has anyone out there successfully used the new type box and if so, how did you modify the CD changer brackets?

GoIsuzu
04/05/2005, 03:29 PM
There is a plastics molding company here in Omaha that I've been working with to have an aftermarket set of VX splash guards made from an original set of Japanese mudguards. If there was enough interest I'd consider having a batch of a hundred or so cubby inserts made as well. (After a lot of searching I found a set of splash guards and I do have one of the discontinued bins that I'm saving for my VX whenever I find one I really like enough to buy.)

Either way, the splash guards I imagine are definitely going to be over their original retail cost (I think, I have no clue on yen to USD conversions) and I'm guessing the bins would probably be twice as expensive as the original Isuzu bins as well.

joe-yamma
04/05/2005, 03:37 PM
If I can't get this one to work, I'll be interested. :)

Tone and others - I just added a few pics of the cubby and the fit of the CD changer brackets to my gallery.
I think I'm gonna just drill a few new holes in the bracket tonight to make it work. :eek:

joe-yamma
04/05/2005, 08:28 PM
I modified the CD changer brackets and it worked great. I just drilled two new holes in each bracket 3/8" in front of the other two holes (therefore moving the cubby box 3/8" forward). Measure the gap on yours as I'm not sure if they'll all be 3/8" off.

Anyway, all it took was drilling 4 new holes in the CD changer brackets and it installed pretty well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tone. ;)

Solitude
04/30/2008, 11:01 AM
I kinda did this today... before I read this thread.. and it answered alot of questions I had.. Had a ell of a time finding it using the search .. but variations of cubby finally revealed it.. I used the one on the left also.. and used the center hole in the cubby instead of the nipples.. since I thought they were in the way.. anyways.. another successful (more or less) mod.. thanks to the forum..

nfpgasmask
04/30/2008, 11:11 AM
I kinda did this today... before I read this thread.. and it answered alot of questions I had.. Had a ell of a time finding it using the search .. but variations of cubby finally revealed it.. I used the one on the left also.. and used the center hole in the cubby instead of the nipples.. since I thought they were in the way.. anyways.. another successful (more or less) mod.. thanks to the forum..

Yeah, you really don't need an Isuzu stock cubby. I got mine from here:

http://www.thebettersource.com/

For like $10.

EDIT: Here is a link to the DIN pocket I used, works well in place of the CD changer:

http://www.thebettersource.com/productdetails.php?product_id=1585

Bart

Solitude
04/30/2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the edit.. I was gonna ask what you searched under..

Jeff

nfpgasmask
04/30/2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the edit.. I was gonna ask what you searched under..

Jeff

Yeah, it took me a few minutes to find it. Their search is pretty much useless.

Bart

Dare2Dream
05/08/2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah, you really don't need an Isuzu stock cubby. I got mine from here:

http://www.thebettersource.com/

For like $10.

EDIT: Here is a link to the DIN pocket I used, works well in place of the CD changer:

http://www.thebettersource.com/productdetails.php?product_id=1585

Bart

Bart,

Does this fit right out of the box without needing any modifications?

nfpgasmask
05/08/2008, 01:19 PM
Bart,

Does this fit right out of the box without needing any modifications?

IIRC, yes, it does. Don't kill me if it doesn't though, I did this like 2 years ago. :) The kit comes with some different size mounting brakets and face plates so it fits a variety of DINs. I am 99% sure it will work without modding anything.

Bart

Dare2Dream
05/08/2008, 03:04 PM
Thats great, nice to be able to get a new pocket for the cd changer space. Really appreciate you posting that link, thanks!

nfpgasmask
05/08/2008, 03:33 PM
Thats great, nice to be able to get a new pocket for the cd changer space. Really appreciate you posting that link, thanks!

No prob! Hope it works out, let us know!

Bart