PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Man's way to deal with VX issues

t2p
01/28/2005, 09:04 AM
Too little time to deal with VX issues ? .....
Window problems ? Driver side window has been giving me problems - I now open the door (instead of the window) and hand the parking lot attendent the money.
Rear cargo access ? I could not open the rear door when the VX was running - so I purchased another key that I use only for opening the rear door. Also works for the fuel cap if you MUST fill the tank while the engine is running.
Rear cargo light ? I purchased a $5 zenon light that I attached to my keys. Push to light. Hmmm... tough to use when both hands are occupied however.
Rear visibility ? I placed a 'Van Eyes' on the rear glass ..... and I removed the headrests and keep them off until they are needed. I did purchase another set of headrests that I plan to have reduced in size ....... who knows when/if I will get to that project .....
Towing ? I did purchase a kit from Tone .... but I have not found the time to install it ...... (lazy) ....... so I use my fathers truck to tow ......
CD player ? I play only one CD at a time ...... this worked well for approximately one year .... and then I had an issue with CD player 'slot' #1 ...... luckily, I was able to remove the CD and now use CD slot #2 .......
Oversize tire issues ? I purchased my VX with 265-60's ..... noticed they were rubbing the cladding ..... (much too lazy to trim the cladding) .... so I returned and had the 265-60's switched to 255-55's ......

DK
01/28/2005, 12:28 PM
I see you have the Dreaded Window Problem. Please vote in the poll. I'd like to get as many as I can before I send it all on to Isuzu.

Thanks

t2p
01/28/2005, 01:19 PM
Thought about it .......
but just too lazy I guess ....

DK
01/28/2005, 01:26 PM
Every journey begins with the first click of the mouse.

joe-yamma
01/28/2005, 03:02 PM
tom, i am in the lazy club as well.
i paid bowser to fix my windows (and i'm glad i did).

next time you're there, ask Bruce what it took to fix mine.

mbeach
01/28/2005, 03:13 PM
I make my wife climb over the driver's seat to enter the vehicle -my passenger side door lock mechanism is stuck.

Jolly Roger VX'er
01/28/2005, 06:27 PM
I can "vouche for" or "second" the above in T2P's list:

1)I have an extra key in my wallet for any full-service fuel stops (handing over key to gas attendent for fuel door) & for opening up the rear door if my keys are in the ignition.....someday I'll hit Tone up for a rear door popper kit!

2)Van Eyes in rear window & sometimes removing rear headrests if I'm not feeling particularly lazy....

3)I did install a hitch myself before the laziness set in!

4)RTV'd the headlight gaskets with clear Silicon about 2 1/2 years ago and they are still where they are supposed to be and it only took me a small amount of time...something like 30 minutes to do both sides! Too lazy to buy the 3M stuff.

Ldub
01/29/2005, 08:12 AM
I have had a book on "overcoming procrastination" in my posession for 3-4 yrs.One of these days I'll get around to reading it...maybe.
Lazy?...I left lazy in the dust yrs. ago. :p

t2p
02/02/2005, 10:30 AM
I (almost) forgot one .........
the 'cup holder' ........
What is wrong with the square cup holder ? It works fine ..... for me.

t2p
02/02/2005, 10:41 AM
Joe:
I have also had Bowser do some work on my VX. They performed my transmission service - filter and fluid change.
I'm much too lazy to perform this operation myself. I was almost too lazy to drive there - because there is another Isuzu dealer that is closer to my home.
Plus, a trans filter change can be extremely messy. Taking down a trans pan at home brings back bad memories - much rather do a 4 speed - although aligning the input shaft with the clutch/throwout bearing is a ..... hmm ...... that is another bad memory ......... another bad memory ? how about a starter change that requires the exhaust manifold to be removed ....