PDA

View Full Version : Headlight conversion to HID Xenon possible group buy

sature
01/26/2005, 02:58 AM
not sure if anyone cares but i went to my local car shop here in Vancouver and i found a shop that will sell me H4 kits with any temp color for $456cdn with tax. That's about $365us. This kit had a HID low beam with a reg high beam. Complete kit with all wiring needed. shipping is about $20us to anywhere in NorthAmerica. Anyone interested in a group buy? I'll see if i can get a group discount?

NEW Price of $250 with tax plus $28 for shipping...

Dallas4u
01/26/2005, 07:46 AM
Please post any info regarding hardware info (manufacturer of ballasts, plug-and-play wiring harnesses). This will help to determine if the cost of savings is worth the hassle of stripping wires and other items.

sature
02/07/2005, 10:48 PM
just got a new quote... $320usd for the kit if we can come up with a group buy of 5 kits. I'm taking one so need 4 more ppl. I'll get the pics of the kit and the other datails during the weekend when i drop by the shop.

redline
02/08/2005, 03:19 PM
I'll take one Kit $320 plus s/h

sature
02/09/2005, 12:32 AM
they have 6000k, 8000k, and 10000k color. Shipping is $28 with tracking and insurance lower 48 states and canada. It's a plug and play type. No wiring work needed. Just need to strap on the ballats unit somewhere underhood.
I'll find out how many each color they have.

sature
02/12/2005, 06:00 PM
so they have 6000k(super white) and 8000k(blue tint) in stock H4 kits for vehicross. Plug and play with no wiring work. Just unplug the original plug and plug that into the ballast and from the ballast into the HID bulb and into the light housig. 5min to install. The only hard part is finding a good location to mount the ballast. So the price is $320usd with $28shipping with tracking and insurance and i got the taxes included also. So far is just me and redline. Just need 3 more people.

i got pictures of the kit.. but i have no idea how to post it.. can someone teach me?

And one year warranty on everything. You can also call in for tech help.

The brand is N-motion.

sature
02/16/2005, 12:12 PM
Well i guess not many ppl are interested. I really want to kit on my car so I'm going to get it on friday and if anyone else wants one please let me know asap.

So Redline you still up for it right? I think i can get the same price if i talk the guy into it... i'll pm u with the details.

sature
03/05/2005, 01:01 AM
Just got mine installed today. Looks awesome.. took maybe 30min to zip strap all the wiring and bracket in the ballast. Also new price...cause of the new shipment that came in(i think they order a whole container)... (5) group buy price is $250us plus shipping. Let me know if anyone of you like a pic of my headlight after the install. I'll e-mail them to you. It's like night and day diff!

VX crazy
03/05/2005, 08:24 AM
What brand? Pics of the components used? Hi/lo? That is a great price.

My BF just gave me a set of hi/los that use a solenoid to move the bulb in and out of the shield and it is awesome! Also no flicker at startup. I had the standard hi/lo set up he has been providing but this is even better! And yes, it night and day - I can hardly wait for dark to spark them up!

xdfarrx
03/05/2005, 10:56 AM
You guys should check out Tone's set up. He just did a comparo on my vx, with versus my aftermarket bulbs. Impressive, fyi...

sature
03/07/2005, 08:29 PM
www.sfu.ca/~slamc/hid001.jpg
www.sfu.ca/~slamc/hid002.jpg
www.sfu.ca/~slamc/hid003.jpg
www.sfu.ca/~slamc/hid004.jpg
www.sfu.ca/~slamc/hid005.jpg

damnit.. how do i post up my pictures? someone help!

Moncha
03/08/2005, 12:48 PM
You have to include the url enclosed in a tag for example;

[*img]http://www.yoursite.com/yourpicturefile.jpg[/img*] (Remove the *'s)

Then they will show. Here's a link to the Site FAQs (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1) and image posting (http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1#15)

sature
03/21/2005, 02:07 AM
They have the new shipment in stock. I'll wait till then end of the week if anyone is interested.

Tone
03/21/2005, 03:39 PM
What is the brand? Can't see your pics but I would be interested in seeing the connection to the stock headlight plug.

AndyC
03/26/2005, 07:00 AM
Are these the HID 's ? I did a quick search and found this.