PDA

View Full Version : Seriously considering Lambo doors...

jayfotos
01/23/2005, 05:49 PM
I'm a stickler on keeping everything stock cosmeticly on my VX and I think the Lambo doors can be pulled off and bring the design of our trucks to another level.
So, with that said I might be the first to do it, but I want to do it right. Has anyone looked into this, found a good kit or any advise on how to tackle this?

Thanks- Jay

MZ-N10
01/23/2005, 05:56 PM
go for it man....i thought lambo doors would look sick on our vx but dont have the money to try....i also believe its been discussed on here before
________
Colorado dispensary (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

FernZ
01/23/2005, 06:11 PM
i was thinking about getting it. I'm about 300 dollars away. i was thinking of going with http://www.autoloc.com but im not sure yet.

jayfotos
01/23/2005, 06:41 PM
What about a install? How much would something like that run?

I a bit nevous on what to use, being our doors are heavy would we need a different strut? Most kits I see are on little Honda 8oz. doors.

AndyC
01/23/2005, 06:59 PM
Hey Jay,
There are a few of these kits installed on some cars in my car club. They are Mitsubishi 3000GT's . I saw a few at our Ocean City meet last year. The doors on the GT's are very heavy too but seem to work fine but you do notice a sway when the wind blows. The major thing I didn't like was that they obtain the original latching. So it has to swing out a little bit then goes up. I'm not fimilar with the Auto-Loc ones so i don't know if it is similar.

Should look good when you get it done though. Post pictures :)

Andy

jayfotos
01/23/2005, 10:16 PM
Did you hear how the instalation when $?

jim.LR>AR
01/24/2005, 04:39 AM
They did it on pimp my ride and said something like $6000 doors. I don't know how close that is but sounds right.

AndyC
01/24/2005, 06:15 AM
Well the major cost is the kit itself. I think that was it besides the labor to install them. There was no need for any other modifications to the doors or fenders. I guess if the wiring harness extension aren't included you'd need to figure them.
My problems was on the looks and hinge design. If I have Lambo doors I want them to work just like the originals.

Andy

LiquidVX
01/24/2005, 11:40 AM
i saw the auto-loc video of the lambo doors, and if they are gonna move like that, I dont want them. Also $6000 is a bit steep if you ask me, I had my roof lowered on my mitsu starion for $3000, and that is a hell of a lot harder than lambo doors. Even my Gullwing doors on my other Starion were cheaper, but I did most of that my self.

Anyways, I will wait for a better kit for MY VX.

TDAWG
01/24/2005, 11:53 AM
I picked up a lambo kit for a friend for his accord and it went on with no problem. I had a friend copy the kit for my VX which at this moment sits in a draw due to the fact I am not sure if I will install them or not. His kind of shacks as the door is going up and down. we also noticed that you can hear very minor wind noise when driving at 60 or above. Once my son comes home from the hospital and everything gets straightened out I'll let you know how it goes.

Maugan_VX
01/24/2005, 12:12 PM
watch out openning your doors in a parking deck.

jayfotos
01/24/2005, 04:57 PM
6k...that's....insane!

Navigator
01/24/2005, 05:46 PM
I once worked that mod over in my mind, and could not get it to work with our fender flares AND rectangular door shape. But I am still interested in seeing it done, and if you can pull it off and make it look right please post pics and details. Thanks. :)

PUNISHER
02/08/2005, 08:48 PM
But I went to have an estimate done at a local dealer that does those kind of mods and they wanted $7000-$8000 to do the work and paint. And if you want them motorized off your alarm add $3000 ( They did it on a Hummer and it looked off the hook!!!