PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Spec Left-hand Driver

johnnyapollo
01/21/2005, 01:05 PM
Came across these while surfing:

http://www.akita-motors.ru/AdaptBase/ISUZU%20VEHI%20CROSS%20%28Leonid%29.htm
http://www.akita-motors.ru/AdaptBase/car_adap8.htm

98 and 97 Japanese Spec Left-hand drivers. Interesting no? I'm not sure but I think the site is showing a Right to Left conversion (possibly utilizing a Rodeo or Passport dash).

-- John

Cyrk
01/21/2005, 01:12 PM
Man I want that converted dash with the nav.

Joe_Black
01/21/2005, 01:18 PM
Yes! Must have source for dash!

MZ-N10
01/21/2005, 02:51 PM
uh...maybe they have the picture flipped from left to right....
________
Club Royal Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

thebear54
01/21/2005, 06:01 PM
Man would I love to get my hands on that Japanese Style Steering Wheel. Maybe Serge could find on of those for me?
Nice links Johnny. :)
John

OZ VX
01/21/2005, 10:27 PM
I have a '97 jap spec, looks like a genuine conversion (note location of gear levers is still the same). One advantage jap models have over us spec is the double din for stereo with smaller center vents. Steering wheel is momo too.

Material on recardo seats is ugly as and seat covers went on real fast.

also noted, interior panels in the rear of us spec is black whereas on jap spec it's the same colour as the front doors and a pillars.

Jonnie
01/22/2005, 10:49 AM
Doesn't this imply that there is a US side drive dash with a 2-din opening somewhere?

Jonathan

MachineVX
01/22/2005, 10:58 AM
I, too, would love one of the momo steering wheels. If anybody has one they'd like to sell, let me know!

Maverick
01/23/2005, 06:22 AM
Doesn't this imply that there is a US side drive dash with a 2-din opening somewhere?

Jonathan

my thoughts exactly... finding one is the hard part.. though i bet if one were to show up, there are more than a couple outfits whod be willing to make molds of it to duplicate it for resale, but im sure it would not be cheap...

OZ VX
01/23/2005, 08:17 PM
If people are wanting a jap spec steering wheel, I have a contact in japan who is currently getting me a part to do with my interior fan, who may be able to help. He would try to get it direct from the japanese dealer, so wheel would be brand new. I've got no idea of what price would be though. I would also assume that if multiple are wanted, individual price would be cheaper.

Please post up if interested and I'll find out more.

Jonnie
01/24/2005, 05:36 AM
Maybe someone with the right language skills can contact the person on the website and ask where the parts come from?

Jonathan

MachineVX
01/27/2005, 12:30 PM
I'm very interested in the Japanese wheel!

thebear54
01/28/2005, 03:48 PM
OZ ,if the price is right count me in.
John

CSTYLES
02/01/2005, 12:19 AM
keep pulling at this "thread," i would be very interested in a left hand drive, japanese spec dash. The momo steering wheel would be icing after that. great find...

dutchie
02/01/2005, 04:31 AM
The Japanese airbag is smaller than the US one, so even if you can get your hands on one(which is very unlikely), it wouldn't be perfect fit.

OZ VX
02/08/2005, 10:03 PM
I have just spoken to the Guy in japan that I deal with in getting parts. He said its ok to pass on his email to anyone interested in getting a japanese spec momo steering wheel. So if you are interested please pm me and i'll pass on his email to you.

CSTYLES
02/10/2005, 10:12 AM
Akita-Motors <japancars@akita-motors.ru> wrote:
that lcd screen in dash is the only problem during the replacement of
the drive. There is no dash (neither for U.S. Vehicross nor
for Opel Frontera) designed for lcd screen and our mechanics
have to rebuild the LHD U.S. dash using the RHD Japan dash. That
requires much efforts and further the dash should be painted. In other
words this dash is a handmade unit.

Best regards
Aleksey

Jonnie, to answer your question, no there isn't a LHD w/ 2 DIN opening.

Any idea what the dash piece cost, if I were to experiment with cutting up my dash?

johnnyapollo
02/10/2005, 12:50 PM
You could find a dash from a Passport or Rodeo from a Junkyard and cut away. If you're going to that extent, you may want to see about modifying an Axiom dash (from a junkyard) and getting it to work.

-- John

Raque Thomas
02/10/2005, 03:25 PM
You could find a dash from a Passport or Rodeo from a Junkyard and cut away. If you're going to that extent, you may want to see about modifying an Axiom dash (from a junkyard) and getting it to work.

-- John

Here's the email address for a guy that said he had the whole dash from an Axiom that he would part with for $250. This was a couple of weeks ago, not sure if he still has it:
MrCourtesyGuy@aol.com
The Axiom dash LOOKS like the Rodeo dash with the center hump addition. Using some deductive reasoning, if it is the Rodeo dash I think it could be adapted very easily, since we actually use a Rodeo windshield, I would assume that the curvature and width of the dash are the same. However, as experience has taught me, Izusu was very good at redesigning a part that looked just like another one, but was totally different underneath (and at great cost to themselves) - not sure why they did that???? Let us know how this project turns out if you decide to go forward!