PDA

View Full Version : KYB Shock rebuid

VR4-Quest
01/19/2005, 08:37 PM
Has anyone had that one guy who rebuilds motorcycle shocks rebuild one of our KYB's yet (do a search for shocks and see the KYB rebuild thread). Was wondering how they turned out???

xdfarrx
01/19/2005, 10:32 PM
Has anyone had that one guy who rebuilds motorcycle shocks rebuild one of our KYB's yet (do a search for shocks and see the KYB rebuild thread). Was wondering how they turned out???

I dont think they are rebuildable like an ohlins or penske (et al) shock. The are high pressure nitrogen based shocks... I am sure someone could add to this-

SlowPro48
01/31/2005, 09:41 PM

Yes - he's rebuilt my Kayabas many times!

And my Showas. And my Marzocchis. And my Fox Twin Clickers too! :p

I was at his shop to pick up forks/shock for the Suzuki a couple weeks ago and he said nobody had called him about VX shocks. My VX shocks don't need to be rebuilt yet but when they do start leaking, Bruce will be the one I take them to. Hare scrambles/enduro suspension is his bread and butter but he also does street so he's familiar with damping rates needed for the road. He does my road race bike so I literally trust his work with my life. Ever notice how close the wall is in Turn 12 at Road Atlanta? That's why I don't do my own suspension. I want that shock to be put back together by someone who's done it thousands of times - who knows what they're doing. I want to KNOW that shock isn't going to puke oil all over the tire...

kpaske
02/01/2005, 05:26 AM
SlowPro48 -

The next time you talk to him, can you get a quote on rebuilding all 4 stock VX shocks? Also, where is he located?

Jonnie
02/01/2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, please do!

Jon