PDA

View Full Version : Parts interchangeability

mbeach
01/18/2005, 06:36 PM
I am trying to assemble a list of major and minor parts that can be interchanged between Isuzu (and some GM/Honda-Acura) models.

For example, I may be needing a new power door lock module for the passenger door. Can I find a suitable replacement in a junkyard from a 2000 Acura SLX? I also need a dash vent cover, is this a Rodeo part? Or VX only?

I want to focus primarily on electrical (switches, motors, sensors) and trim (interior dash and console bits) parts, as I think that we've got the mechanical stuff pretty well sorted out.

Does anyone have any first-hand swap info to contribute?

mbeach
01/19/2005, 03:49 AM
29 views and no input?

Someone out there has to be able to cross reference part numbers.

thebear54
01/19/2005, 04:10 AM
I ran into this a couple of times before.
I took the Izuzu # (minus the first numbers) and came up with the GM equiv.
This only worked a few times...as far as I know(which is not too much) there is no Isuzu/GM cross reference manual out there. You might want to check with your local GM truck dealer for the final answer though or ask JohhnyApollo (he has an extensive library of stuff)
John

Raque Thomas
01/19/2005, 06:03 AM
I know that '94 - '97 Rodeo dash parts are the same - including the vents, fuzzy hole cover panel, the actual dash bezel, and gauge pod. Also, the interior roof light is interchangeable.

mbeach
01/19/2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the start. I'm putting together a file that will have this info handy.

I hate spending time searching for a component, when a perfectly usable replacement is right around the corner.

I wasn't positive about the dash info though, that'll come in very handy as I'm about to cut my dash apart.

Thanks again,
Marlon

Raque Thomas
01/19/2005, 10:51 AM
I know that '94 - '97 Rodeo dash parts are the same - including the vents, fuzzy hole cover panel, the actual dash bezel, and gauge pod. Also, the interior roof light is interchangeable.

Actually, I misspoke - the guage pod will fit physically, but is different in terms of the gauges in it (and no TOD display) - same goes for the Trooper pods. The cover and bezel work IF there is an auto trans dash display. It appears to me (although I have not tried this!) that you could remove the auxillary gauges (oil press, temp, gas, volts) from one of these pods and install into the VX pod. The mounting holes for the aux gauges match up with those in the VX pod. You would, of course have to run wiring and sending units.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/19/2005, 08:57 PM
Hollander is one of the leaders in interchange info. Many boneyards use them. The full set of manuals are large, heavy and expensive. I've also seen mention of LESTER interchange #'s.

OZ VX
01/20/2005, 02:30 AM
in australia i have found that some parts are similar to the holden jackaroo, I know this car is also called the isuzu bighorn (bighorn - what a name huh).