PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with frost

I_Wanna_Retire
01/16/2005, 05:50 AM
My son's VX develops severe frost on the INSIDE windows when it gets cold outside. He says he notices the frost in the morning, after leaving it out overnight. There is a small crack in his windshield, can that cause enough leakage to cause this problem? Any other ideas?

psychos2
01/16/2005, 09:11 AM
mine does the same thing. i have gotten rid of the moisture by leaving the windows open just a crack. after driving and getting the inside warm, leave the windows open a crack to let the heat escape with the moisture.i leave them open at night. shawn

I_Wanna_Retire
01/16/2005, 11:06 AM
I think I found the problem. He was leaving the 'inside circulation' button turned on, so that no outside air was coming in. As you state, you need some outside air to absorb the moisture exhaled by the passengers. I turned the button off, and drove it into town and back, and the windows are pretty much cleared up now. Will be able to tell for sure if this is fixed when we wake up tomorrow morning, as it will be 15 to 20 below.

SGT.BATGUANO
01/18/2005, 01:07 AM
Remove trim at door sill. Stick hand under carpet at lowest point possible on floor(if not frozen stiff). Check for moisture.