PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Motor Problem

LukeVX
01/14/2005, 10:34 AM
Hey all,

I’ve had the same problem with my passenger side window as everyone, but that’s not the problem I’m concerned with. I have a new problem.

About a week ago I hit the passenger side window button to roll it down and all that happened was the noise of the electric window motor, the window didn’t move. Then about 10 min. later, the window just fell rapidly to the point that I guess I had tried to roll it down the first time (without me touching anything). So I hit the roll up button and the window rolled back up to the top.

Later that day I hit the button to roll the window down again and nothing happened, not even the noise of the motor. Neither the driver’s side or passenger side button works.

Any similar problems?
Is the motor fried?
Has anyone replaced the motor?

Any info would help.

Thanks!

CSTYLES
01/14/2005, 12:25 PM
same thing happened to me. I believe it is all part of the same problem.

I could hear the motor working but the window wouldn't move. Then it fell into the door freely. I was able to put the window back up with the button.

It was the glass mount that broke off. They tried to glue it back on and then ended up replacing the whole window. That would be the fourth time I took it to the dealer for the window. The search turned up plenty on the binding window and the broken mount. Anita had this problem way back when...

Good Luck

transio
01/14/2005, 04:49 PM
I don't think the motor is fried. Sounds like maybe when the window fell, it unplugged the wire. If you unplug the passenger side switch, the driver side switch for the passenger window doesn't work either (strange for parallel connections, but.... anyhow). The window is falling because the clamps came loose. I think you should take your door apart and glue your window back in its clamps and also check out your wiring at the same time.

Tobert
06/01/2006, 02:02 PM
Old thread, I know, but mine just did this right before I tore the engine apart.

Should I use or look for any specific kind of glue? Left to my own devices, I'd look for a high-quality epoxy with glass & metal listed as adhesible substances.

etlsport
06/01/2006, 03:30 PM
if youre going to use that kind of epoxy id HIGHLY recommend E6000.. i get it at AC Moore... tube says www.e-6000.com i use it for everything from repairing chips in the windshield, to gluing bumpers back on (my friends like to drive fords) haha