PDA

View Full Version : After market rims 20"

sam
03/02/2003, 04:36 PM
I need some help! I'm looking to buy some rims for my vx. Im looking at 20" in size. I have seen (and about to buy) Antera 325 with tires 295/40/r20.

Would this be a good fit? If not, what would I need to do to get them to fit? I can't buy chrome rims, because of the weather over here in the UK (cold, wet & a lot of salt/grit on the roads!). So I can only get silver rims. Any other ideas on nice looking rims 20" in size that would fit a vx?

Also has anyone any ideas on the Decorsa Polaris 6 rims...like where I can get them from.

I'm a very few lucky owners of a VX over here in the UK...I will soon be sending in my pictures of my vx for all to see!

One more question, where can I get running boards for a vx?

Many thanks guyz, your help for this international vx owner is greatly appriciated!

mrtew
03/02/2003, 08:06 PM
No suggestions here, but please post pictures when you do it! I have only seen one picture of a VX with wheels that big I think!

military vx'r
03/03/2003, 01:18 PM
I have 285/50's 20x9 on mine and I didn't have to due anything to get mine to fit.

Cyrk
03/03/2003, 01:27 PM
military vx'r,
What kinda of rims do you have on?
Got any photos of it?

-Dave

sam
03/04/2003, 02:11 AM
Sounds interesting, what are your rims manufacturer name? DO you have any photos up, if not tell us wot name the are so I can look at them on the net!:rolleyes:

sam
03/05/2003, 04:55 AM
military vx'r

Still no answer on wot rims you have on? Let us know!:confused:

sam
03/06/2003, 03:37 AM
I went to my local rims dealer over here in the UK and tried on a 20" x 9.5 Antera 325 rim on.

It does fit on, but you do need to trim the inside of the front cladding, as it would rub against the tyre while going over a bump or off road. My dealer said he could do it - no probem.

The only problem is that the standard offset (offset 5) for this size of rims, makes the rim stick out too much (especially for my liking and over here in the UK it's illegal to show any part of the tyre tred out from the wheel arch of the vehicle).

So my dealer has ordered another set of rims, with an offset of 35, but the centre bore is smaller, so all he's going to do bore out the centre to 110 to match the VX. He claims this will solve the problem of the tyre sticking out too much.

Anyway, guys when it's done (and hopefully is successful) then you need to take a look at how the Antera 325 sit on the VX! Stunning.

I can't wait for my rims to come (they are ordered over form Italy.) I just brought a digital camera, to take pictures, but when I know how to bloody us the damn thing to upload pics onto the net, more so onto this web site, then you'll knnow what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

Being only a few lucky owners, my dealer is over helping me, because he likes the VX and wants to put a final picture onto his gallery web site.!!!

sugino
03/06/2003, 06:30 AM
I posted my pics in Gallery under Mods.

Boyd Coddington Timeless 6 wheels (20 X 9.5 , 6.0 backspace); Yokohama AVS S/T (295/45VR-20)

- s a i n t -
03/06/2003, 02:42 PM
Very nice! Do you have a lift or just cranked torsion bars?

- s a i n t -

sugino
03/07/2003, 05:35 AM
OME 912 rear springs + adj. torsion bars.
Flipped ball joints.

Trim cladding.

sam
03/12/2003, 10:39 AM
I've tried on the Antera 325's......they look nice!!!!!

Have ordered them with the right offset, when they come and they are the correct offset, I will post some pictures!

Y33TREKker
08/21/2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by sam
.....Also has anyone any ideas on the Decorsa Polaris 6 rims...like where I can get them from.

Are the Polaris 6's available with the correct bolt pattern? I've seen them in 20's, but I also wondered if they were available in 18's. The only 18" Polaris's I've seen so far are the Polaris 5's, but they ain't bad either.

JaxVX
10/31/2005, 03:32 PM
I have 20" Rims on mine but would rather have some off-road rims and tires.

Click my Login Name to see a pic. JaxVX