PDA

View Full Version : New $20k import 4x4 coming

Dallas4u
01/13/2005, 12:41 PM
Thought this was interesting (taken from AutoWeek):

AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 1/5/05
Cross Lander ready

On another import front, the Cross Lander 244X, that inexpensive Romanian-built 4x4 sport/recreation vehicle we wrote about more than a year ago (Nov. 3, 2003), is on track to arrive in the United States by midsummer, the company reports. This news comes following the sub-$20,000 vehicle’s receipt of U.S. EPA certification. Go to crosslander4x4.com for more info.

http://crosslander4x4.com/

Looks like a copy of an older Land Rover.

thedutchguy
01/13/2005, 01:52 PM
What's interesting about that?????????????
Really dallas, I can't see that a guy like you who likes vx's and duke's would give this ugly mo..th..f......r a serious look :?:

Guess what i'll be driving soon?

Answer:

Dallas4u
01/13/2005, 02:12 PM
Guess what i'll be driving soon?

Answer:

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deado:

(For those who don't know, Dutch is talking about the Yamaha MT-01... power-cruiser. The US won't see this bike)

http://www.mt-01.com/YamahaPhase2/images/library/beauty/bea3.jpg

By the way, I was just posting about the Cross Lander for those possibly interested in a no-frills 4x4. Of course, no-frills could include very limited warranty possibilities.

Raque Thomas
01/13/2005, 05:07 PM
Kind of looks like a cross between a Mercedes G Wagon, an old Trooper, and an old Range Rover. Built in Romania????? Good luck with that one! BTW Dutch Guy - wouldn't you RIDE that, as oppossed to DRIVE? :laughr:

redline
01/13/2005, 06:16 PM
I agree with Raque on the g-wagon/trooper look...with a hint of YUGO ;puke2;

yal^
01/13/2005, 08:22 PM
It may be ugly, but I would like to see this thing up close.
Vehicles from that part of the world either fell apart before they left the factory, or were tougher that anyone can imagine. It's in a maintenance anyway...
Or maybe a better question is, who is behind it? GM? Chevy? Anyone knows?
I just can't see them importing something to our market without support.

Maverick
01/13/2005, 08:37 PM
"instrument control panels are easy to view and conveiniently located on the dash" umm, didnt expect to find them in the tailgate... :thanx:

kinda neat, in brutish kind of way...

mbeach
01/13/2005, 09:00 PM
I'd give one a look.
My wife's wanted a G-wagon forever, I'd rather spend $20k on this POS than $50k on a Mercedes POS.