PDA

View Full Version : Rear emblem

cascabel3
01/13/2005, 10:52 AM
I am about to remove the ISUZU emblem from my rear. Nothing against ISUZU but I just don't like the way it looks. I am looking for ideas and perhaps the things others have put on theirs.

mbeach
01/13/2005, 12:29 PM
A simple "VX" logo of the same type and style would look nice.

Either way, I usually debadge simply because I hate waxing around all of the obstacles.

AlaskaVX
01/13/2005, 12:45 PM
I have NASA written accross the back, but if I can ever find a long (3-4') antenna with a blinking red light at the top, I will rebadge again to say RC PRO-AM cus that game rocked!

cascabel3
01/13/2005, 12:51 PM
I thouhgt of the VX. Maybe like this one?

The NASA idea rocks. Must create quite a bit of confusion.

carlymac
01/14/2005, 08:01 AM
AKVX,
Where did you find a NASA decal and do you have a pic? I've been looking for a NASA decal forever.

mbeach
01/14/2005, 09:46 AM
I figure that you could flip/rearrange your current ISUZU into a NASA

AlaskaVX
01/14/2005, 10:39 AM
AKVX,
Where did you find a NASA decal and do you have a pic? I've been looking for a NASA decal forever.
My younger brother worked at a sticker shop and I had him make one up for me. Just find a small shop that deals with vynil (sp) and have them make you one, it shouldn't be more then $30. There is a pic in my gallery search for "NASA stuck" it's a real blue pic for some reason, but you can see the NASA

SilverBullet75
01/14/2005, 11:56 AM
I am working on a polished aluminum version of this design I created w/Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
I may post some for sale if people are interested.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/873VX_Logo.jpg

(anybody know why it says I May NOT post attachments?)
Thanks,

Moncha
01/15/2005, 02:06 PM
(anybody know why it says I May NOT post attachments?)
Thanks,

Yep, regular, registered users are not allowed to post attachments.. One of the bennies that goes with a donating member...

rocket man
01/15/2005, 04:38 PM
Hi Bert!

You may already have the answer to de-badging. But it is easy.....I used a hand held hair dryer. Went an "edge" and "corner" of one of the letters and gently started peeling using my fingernail. Then once I got enough to get a good grip started peeling keeping the dryer blowing hot air between the paint and emblem. Its pretty easy. You could probably wait til summer and dispense with the hair dryer. Its kinda like real stiff duck tape. It'll leave a little shadow behind that you can remove with a mild auto polish...

:wave: :wave: :wave:

John

VX1032
01/16/2005, 11:00 AM
I bought the badge off the front of an axiom, says isuzu and put it on my rear door, opposite of the tod, so it balances it out and still says isuzu, but not obnoxiously

kpaske
01/16/2005, 05:54 PM
NJ99VX -

Do you have a pic you can post?

VX1032
01/17/2005, 08:55 AM
gonna try to post a pic, never done it before. I only wish I had the emblem up a little higher, kinda got stuck where it is, hehe.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1232back.jpg

Moncha
01/17/2005, 10:04 AM
When you want to post a picture from your gallery, you will now notice a little feature shown in the details of your photo.
You should see a title saying "UBB Code", this contains an image tag looking like this:

[img ]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1232back.jpg[/img ]

All you need to do is copy this line and paste it into your post where ever you want the photo to show up.
No more right clicking on the photo to obtain it's URL.

SilverBullet75
02/10/2005, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=SilverBullet75]I am working on a polished aluminum version of this design I created w/Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
I may post some for sale if people are interested.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/873VX_Logo.jpg

Here is the final product... I just took the picture last week, but the badge has been on for a while now.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/873My_VX_Grill_Logo.jpg

Let me know what you all think!
Thanks!
(see my gallery for more shots)

cascabel3
02/10/2005, 12:34 PM
Now if you make one for the rear, let me know where to send the check. I am in!

Very nice by the way.

SilverBullet75
02/10/2005, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking of doing one identical to the side pillar VehiCross logo for the rear door... but it will be ALL polished aluminum (no red) and a little bigger. I got the idea from the Porsche Cayenne. I don't want it too big, or too small... but juuuuust right. :) The blank debadged look is too bare for me.

cascabel3
02/10/2005, 01:03 PM
I debadged the rear recently. I don't like the bare look either, but haven't been able to make up my mind as to what to put on. I thought of staying with VX just like I did in the front. I could easily go to a sign shop and have them put vinyl lettering on, but I'd prefer what you have made for the front....sort of.

StormTROOPER
02/10/2005, 02:07 PM
When my VX is paid off I plan on going for the luxury sport look, I plan on removing the rear ISUZU badge and also the half moon, after filling the half moon hole and painting the whole VX black I'm going spell out V__E__H__I__C__R__O__S__S in small (1 to 1 1/2 inches) chrome letters (shouldn't be too hard to find) in an ARCH that follows the form of the spare-tire.....like the older Continentals. :cool: Good luck with whatever you choose.

cascabel3
02/10/2005, 02:20 PM
Nice goin' Stormtrooper.

StormTROOPER
02/10/2005, 02:33 PM
Thanks, if I see a VX driving around with my idea on the back I'll feel flattered. :) Maybe I'll spellout Stormtrooper so it will really be one of a kind. ;)

cascabel3
02/10/2005, 03:03 PM
Taking out the half moon and smoothening it out would make yours the only one like it man. Would love a photoshop sample of that.