PDA

View Full Version : For those with TOD switch

spitfire5454
01/12/2005, 11:20 PM
Ive searched the forum high and low, but i cant figure this out. I dont care about 4 hi, i just want 2wd. i cant get the check light to stop flashing. Ill try to explain what i did.

I have a 2 position switch with 3 prongs on it. the middle and right is spliced in the light blue wire that comes from the TOD unit, and the left is connected to a 2.6V LED that is grounded under the seat. When i switch to the right, the TOD works normally. when i switch to the left, the TOD disengages and the LED lights up, but the Check light still flashes. when it is left, the circuit goes out of the TOD unit and lights the LED, so i thought that it would stop the light from flashing.

From everything ive read here, i think that this how its supposed to be hooked up, but my light still flashes. What am i doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Brian

Tone
01/13/2005, 09:06 AM
I personally think the flashing indicator is an excellent reminder that you are in 2wd and can swap ends at any moment if not careful, especially in the wet. If you wish to stop the flash, you will need a bigger load than an LED.

spitfire5454
01/13/2005, 10:41 AM
like what?