PDA

View Full Version : Oddball VX??

mbeach
01/10/2005, 08:46 PM
I've used the search function already,

I just wanted to hear this from someone who is positive about the answer (not IIRC, or AFAIK, etc.).

I am negotiating the purchase of an '01 VX. It is Victory White/ red-black interior. There is NO Ironman badging or embroidery anywhere on the vehicle. It DOES have the roof rack.

Is this a debadged Ironman, (with reupholstered seats (which show wear consistant with age, btw))? Or is it an odd White non-Ironman (or is that really even odd)? Should I pull the speakers and look for Sony markings?

Thanks in advance to all who respond, I've read some posts that made me unsure of the actual answer.

-Marlon

Kahuna
01/10/2005, 10:24 PM
Basically, the ironman ONLY came in Victory white with alot of stickers on it...including the "ironman on the hood". However, the ironman came with embossed "ironman" on the seat along with "ironman" floormats. As for the roofrack, anybody can BUY a stock rack for thier VX. In the Ironman edition it came with them. I think you have to ask the owner a few more questions...like why the seats have been changed......why debadged......where are the floor mats? Stuff like that.

StinkBug
01/11/2005, 01:35 AM
I think the question really is can you get a white 01 VX that is NOT an ironman?

Dallas

nocturnalVX
01/11/2005, 01:53 AM
I think the question really is can you get a white 01 VX that is NOT an ironman?

Dallas

The answer to that question is no. However, (if the owner did not de-badge, replace seats, etc.) maybe it was simply repainted white. Either way there is something up with that VehiCROSS and you need to ask the owner what it is.

johnnyapollo
01/11/2005, 03:04 AM
I've heard of original Ironmen that did not come with the embossed seats. More likely this is one of those that has had the mats replaced and stickers removed or that it's been repainted. There's a chance too that some Victory White models were produced that were not Ironmen (I haven't seen this, but that doesn't mean that someone didn't want to pay extra for the package and had one ordered).

-- John

thebear54
01/11/2005, 04:00 AM
I agree 100% with John E.
The Victory White was only available in the U.S. as the Ironman version and should have all the emblems, seats embossing, carpets and decals. If the seats are not embossed it has to be a repainted VX...check the color code on the firewall, it should read "Body Color/Trim ID #877/106 if it is a correct Victory White/Ironman version.
Keep on Truckin'....John

mbeach
01/11/2005, 05:28 AM
Awesome folks.
That's the kind of info I was looking for.

Thanks much,
M

XCross69
01/11/2005, 05:37 AM
Hey mbeach,

I have a 99 "Ironman" and it does NOT have "Ironman" on the seats. I can tell where the other stickers have been, and it did have the "Ironman" on the hood when I got it but no floor mats. I had brought this up in a post awhile ago and didn't get much info out of it.........I know mine has been repainted in places due to repairs..but not the whole thing....

??? not sure what the deal is..

mbeach
01/11/2005, 08:59 AM
My fear is that the vehicle has been repainted -a white repaint is often a sign of bad bodywork.

It was purchased through a national auction, and the previous owner is unknown (to me).

Last 4 is 0723 if anyone has the capability of hunting it down.

mbeach
01/11/2005, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your help, it was indeed a debadged Ironman (the dealer's photos did not show the embossed seats, nor the floormats that had been rolled up and stored under the seats).

I bought it tonight... :hat:

Anita
01/11/2005, 11:12 PM
Congratulations! :jump:

thebear54
01/12/2005, 03:55 AM
Congrats on your purchase :tie: .Can you tell me the complete VIN # of your VX-I tried to look up your # with Isuzu but the last 4 numbers came up as INVALID-worries me a little bit.
John

thebear54
01/12/2005, 04:10 AM
OK here is the latest "PooP' according to Isuzu:
MBeach- your car is listed as a 2000 IronMan model, not a 1999.
XCROSS69- according to Isuzu your car is also listed as a 2000 Ironman.

I checked the VIN number of both vehicles against the Isuzu records using the "99" code and both came up INVALID, but when I popped in the "00" code both cars were listed.
Happy trails.........John :smack:

mbeach
01/12/2005, 04:31 AM
I ran the VIN on the isuzusource decoder and it was confirmed to be a MY2001. Sequential #0723. It also has the aforementioned 877 trim code on the firewall.

I suspect that it has had a little incident in it's past (clean, comprehensive CARFAX though). It's brake disk shields (dust shields) on the driver's side (front and rear) have been damaged (on the bottom, as if the vehicle had sat on them for a second). One rattles, I'll be removing them all tonight. The truck also has a bent towhook in the rear.

It runs strong, and seems to be reasonably solid however. The remaining warranty is a plus (I pooped on my Subaru warranty at 10k miles), so I'll be minding the bearings and other problem issues.

I need to update my profile first -then get a rearview camera.

I know that this isn't the place for intros, but here goes anyways.
-I've been a car and truck jockey for a long time. I've had everything from 600lb/ft 4x4s to 400hp 4-bangers. Built 'em all myself. This Isuzu should be a blast in about 12 months.
I hope that my knowledge and experience can benefit this (small) enthusiast's community. I've already learned a great deal surfing this site.